📖 Table of Contents
How to Make Salmon Croquettes at Home
My gourmet salmon croquettes is one of the tastiest salmon croquette recipes you have ever prepared!
➡️ Salmon croquettes, salmon patties, and salmon cakes mean all the same thing: a perfect appetizer or party food you should prepare whenever you can. Why? Simply because they’re delicious and turn any occasion into an exquisite event!
How to Make Salmon Croquettes from Scratch at Home
Gourmet Salmon Croquettes
- 1 pound fresh salmon, skin removed and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, Panko breadcrumbs, flour, eggs, parsley, dill, chives, red onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into small croquettes. Each croquette should be about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the croquettes to the skillet.
- Cook the croquettes for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
- Once the croquettes are cooked, remove them from the skillet and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the croquettes warm with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
- To get the best results, make sure all of your ingredients are fresh and high-quality.
- Be gentle when shaping the croquettes, as overhandling the mixture can result in tough, dry croquettes.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding the croquettes, as this will help them cook evenly and prevent them from falling apart.
- To keep the croquettes warm while you finish frying the rest, place them on a baking sheet in a warm oven.
- For a healthier version, you can bake the croquettes in the oven instead of frying them. Simply place the croquettes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
Cooking Salmon Croquettes: A Deliciously Easy Meal!
➡️ Do you think that if the name sounds exotic, preparing salmon croquettes is difficult? No way, they’re just like other fish croquettes and it’s possible that you’ve already prepared some of them. So, they’re really easy to make and taste extremely delicious, no matter the ingredients you’re using along with salmon. Plus, they are a great way to use leftover salmon.
➡️ Cooking and eating salmon croquettes may sound like a complicated process, but once you learn the basic steps, it’s easy to make your own. You can make a variety of different kinds of croquettes, such as those filled with cream cheese or mushrooms, or those made with only salmon. The key to making great croquettes is to keep the process simple. You don’t want to overmix the dough or overcrowd the skillet, so keep the ingredients simple and combine them quickly.
➡️ I also recommend you to try more tasty salmon recipes available on this site such as baked salmon fillets, salmon steak, and grilled salmon.
➡️ I’ve listed below some of the best salmon recipes published on this website.
Related Salmon Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by