📖 Table of Contents
Healthy Sauerkraut Recipes at Home: Raw Sauerkraut Salad with Vinegar
My sauerkraut salad with vinegar is possibly the most delicious raw sauerkraut salad recipe you’ve ever prepared at home!
➡️ Are you looking for the best way to make raw sauerkraut recipes in 2023? On this webpage, you’ll find out how to make sauerkraut salad with vinegar from scratch in 5 steps at home.
➡️ My easy sour cabbage salad recipe helps you prepare a pickled cabbage salad with simple and tasty ingredients such as sauerkraut, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and more.
➡️ Read on and learn below how to make sauerkraut salad with vinegar using a yummy and easy sour cabbage recipe from scratch.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Sauerkraut Salad with Vinegar from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make sauerkraut salad with vinegar?
1) 300 g/10 oz of chopped sauerkraut
2) 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
3) 1/4 tsp of garlic powder or 1 grated garlic clove
4) 1/4 tsp of coriander powder or caraway powder, according to preference
5) 1/4 tsp of dried thyme
6) 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
7) 1 tbsp of olive oil or sunflower oil
How to make a sauerkraut salad recipe from scratch?
1) cut into very thin strips or chop the sour cabbage and place it into a salad bowl
2) sprinkle over sauerkraut some ground black pepper and garlic powder or grind a garlic clove
3) sprinkle over pickled cabbage some coriander or cumin powder and dry thyme
4) add to the salad a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and quality olive oil, then mix ingredients well to combine flavors
5) wait at least 15 minutes before serving (recommended)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Sauerkraut Salad Recipe with Vinegar
➡️ During the winter, I often prepare sour cabbage salad with various ingredients. One of the simplest salad recipes with pickled cabbage is the one shared on this page.
➡️ The sauerkraut salad with vinegar is very simple to prepare and does not require too many ingredients. Additionally, the time needed to prepare this salad is very short, so you have the chance to make quickly a dish that will be highly appreciated by all people who will taste it.
➡️ I like well-flavored food or salad and, therefore, I use in this sour cabbage salad recipe both coriander or cumin and thyme, which combines very well with the refined aromas of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Garlic adds even more flavor to the salad, but its use is not mandatory.
➡️ If you don’t have all the ingredients listed above, you can make a much simpler salad, containing only black pepper, cumin, and sunflower oil, for example.
➡️ The sauerkraut salad recipe fits very well with any kind of roast, pork, and poultry alike. For Christmas, I like to cook a roast turkey in the oven that I serve alongside this tasty sour cabbage salad with balsamic vinegar. Try this food combination sometimes, you will definitely like it!
➡️ Enjoy preparing sauerkraut salad recipes from scratch! For additional info, read more on sauerkraut!
Related Sauerkraut Salad Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by