View this video about how to make sausage and sauerkraut casserole with potatoes by using a yummy and easy baked sauerkraut recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 200 ml/7 fl oz of water
2) 1 kg/35 oz of potatoes
3) salt and black peppercorn to taste
4) 2-3 dried bay leaves or to taste
5) 4-5 cloves (pimento) or to taste
6) 1.5 kg/50 oz of shredded or finely chopped sauerkraut
7) 200 ml/7 fl oz of white wine (optional)
8) 1 kg/35 oz of slightly smoked sausage (kielbasa or another half-raw sausage type)
9) 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil (optional)
10) sour cream for serving (optional)
1) peel potatoes off, then slice them into medium-sized rounds
2) pour water into a tray, then place potato rounds into a layer
3) season potatoes with salt to taste, place sauerkraut over them into a layer, then pour a glass of white wine into the tray (optional) or replace with water
4) add some black peppercorn (you might use ground pepper as well), dried bay leaves, and cloves to taste
5) cut sausages into pieces of the desired size (usually to fit a serving), make some notches just like in the video, then press them gently to sink in the sour cabbage until halfway
6) pour over ingredients some vegetable oil (optional), then cover the tray with foil and place it in the oven at about 170 C/340 F for about 45-60 minutes
7) remove foil, place the tray back in the oven, and roast the sausage and sauerkraut casserole at the highest temperature until golden on top and the water or wine is low
8) stop the fire and leave the baked sauerkraut casserole inside the oven for at least 15 minutes before serving (recommended)
The casserole is among the most popular food recipes prepared today all over the world. As a result, there are available lots of casserole recipes featuring all kinds of ingredients.
Throughout the most appetizing casserole recipes are those with sauerkraut especially in the cold season when people need hearty foods.
Because of its simplicity, sauerkraut casserole recipes are very popular all over the world and baked sauerkraut recipes with sausages belong to the most appreciated such food recipes.
This smoked sausage and sauerkraut casserole is one of my favorite sauerkraut recipes during fall and winter.
This happens because the baked sauerkraut casserole is very wholesome and the combined flavors are magnificent and fit perfectly to my tastes!
The slightly smoked aroma of the sausages matches incredibly well the sour sauerkraut taste, while the wine, bay, black pepper, and cloves flavors make this casserole extremely delicious!
Plus, you can top the food with some sour cream to make it even more savory!
Cooking delicious baked sauerkraut is really easy. You have just to place ingredients into the tray, place it into the oven, and wait until the food is ready for serving.
Sausage and sauerkraut casserole is very hearty. As a result, you don’t need to serve anything else along with this tasty food.
Read more about different casserole types here.