Homemade pizza recipes – how to make Sicilian pizza at home. Easy food recipe to prepare a homemade pizza with simple and tasty ingredients like tomato, onions, and cheese.
Learn in this video how to make the Sicilian pizza at home by using a yummy and easy homemade pizza recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1 kg / 35 oz of yeast pizza dough (view how to make pizza dough with yeast at home)
2) 400 g / 14 oz of onion
3) 2 + 1 tbsp of olive oil
4) 500 g / 17.5 oz of canned chopped tomatoes
5) 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs
6) 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour
7) basil or oregano leaves to taste or their dried version
8) 400 g / 14 oz of grated cheese
9) salt and ground black pepper to taste
1) prepare yeast pizza dough at home or unpack pizza dough bought from the store
2) peel onions off and wedge them
3) pour about 2 spoons of olive oil into a frying pan, then place the pan to the stovetop over medium temperature
4) place wedged onions into the pan when oil is hot, then fry onions until golden
5) meanwhile, pour 1 spoon of olive oil into a 24×36 cm / 9×14 inches tray and brush its surface all over including edges
6) sprinkle 1 spoon of flour into the tray and spread it into a thin layer, then remove excess flour from the tray
7) put pizza dough into the tray and spread it into a layer, make a dough border of about 1 finger width and 1 finger high along edges
8) place tomatoes into the tray and spread them into a layer
9) place fried onions over tomatoes into a layer
10) season pizza with salt and ground black pepper to taste
11) place some basil or oregano leaves into the tray or sprinkle all over some dried oregano or basil
12) sprinkle breadcrumbs all over into a layer
13) make a layer of grated cheese into the tray
14) place the tray in the preheated oven at 200 C / 390 F and bake the Sicilian pizza until golden on top
15) stop the fire in the oven and leave the tray inside for about 15 minutes before serving
16) take the tray out from the oven and slice pizza up into about 8 servings
Pizza is nowadays one of the most popular foods, so it’s not surprising that homemade pizza recipes gained very much in popularity in the last few years.
Homemade pizza is really easy to make even for people with very basic cooking skills. Everyone can prepare pizza dough at home or can find easily pizza base in the store to save more time.
There are lots of Italian pizza recipes that people like. Some of them, like the Sicilian pizza, are especially popular in the United States.
Sicilian pizza recipe is one of the simplest pizza recipes, so it can be made at home with easy.
There are two specific things that characterize Sicilian pizza: one is the thick and fluffy pizza dough, second is the rectangular shape.
So, in order to make the Sicilian pizza recipe at home, you need a pizza dough with yeast (pizza crust without yeast is not suitable for this pizza recipe) and a basic baking tray that usually everyone has at hand.
The Sicilian pizza recipe presented on this page is very close to the authentic sfincione, which is the typical Sicilian pizza from Palermo, capital of Sicily.
Read more about the Sicilian pizza recipe origins here.