📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Skinless Sausage Recipes: Serbian Sausage Cevapi
My homemade Serbian sausage recipe cevapi is possibly the most delicious skinless sausages you’ve ever made!
➡️ Are you searching for easy skinless sausage recipes in 2023? In this place, you’ll discover how to make Serbian cevapi or cevapcici in 9 steps at home!
➡️ My grilled minced meat recipe enables you to make skinless sausages with ground pork, beef mince, and more simple ingredients in Serbian style.
➡️ Learn below how to make Serbian cevapi from scratch using the best skinless sausage recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Grilled Skinless Sausages Cevapi/Cevapcici
What ingredients do you need to make skinless sausages?
1) 2 kg/70 oz of minced pork
2) 1 kg/35 oz of minced beef
3) salt and ground black pepper
4) 1 tbsp of dried thyme
5) 3 tbsp of paprika
6) 1 head of crushed garlic
7) 600 g/21 oz of very finely chopped onion
8) some cold water
9) 3-4 tbsp of pork lard at room temperature
How to make skinless sausages from scratch?
1) place beef mince and pork mincemeat in the same bowl
2) season with salt and pepper to taste
3) add dried thyme, sweet paprika, garlic, and chopped onion
4) add some cold water, then combine the ingredients very well
5) while combining, add gradually pork lard
6) cover the bowl and put it into the fridge for a couple of hours (highly recommended)
7) take out the bowl from the fridge, mix the ingredients again, and add some water if the mixture is too dry, not creamy
8) make minced meat rolls of the desired size by hand (I recommend making medium-sized skinless sausages)
9) fry the sausages on the coal grill or in the oven until golden brown, flip them several times to roast evenly
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
PRO Tips for the Serbian Skinless Sausage Recipe Cevapi
➡️ Skinless sausage recipes became some of the most popular food recipes in recent years. The grilled skinless sausage recipe shared on this page is based on a Serbian cevapi recipe. Cevapi or cevapcici is a very popular kind of skinless sausage in the Balkans and especially in Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania (where are named mititei), Croatia, and Bosnia (read more above.)
➡️ Traditionally, cevapi is made usually of a combination of pork, beef, and/or sheep mince in different proportions, depending on the country. You can use whatever combination you like.
➡️ In order to get the best results, when you shape the skinless sausages, I advise you to make a medium size sausage. If they are too large, the sausage will remain raw inside when grilling, if they are too small, the sausage will be very dry and burned.
➡️ Aside from grilling, you can roast the sausages in the oven as well, however, on the coal grill, they get a specific smoky taste that makes them unique.
➡️ Serbian cevapi can be served with mustard, ketchup, or cold garlic sauce. Other people like to eat them with raw onion, ajvar, kajmak, sour cream, and other dipping sauce types. Of course, you can combine grilled skinless sausages with various side dishes such as mashed potatoes, fries, boiled rice, and so on. Most people say that fries are the best along with this type of sausage.
➡️ Enjoy making BBQ grilled skinless sausages from scratch! For additional info, read more on sausage!
Related Skinless Sausage Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by