Learn in this video how to make roasted lamb in tomato sauce from scratch by using a yummy and easy slow cooked leg of lamb recipe in the oven designed for real gourmets!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 4 kg/150 oz of lamb (leg of lamb, lamb shoulder, lamb loin, lamb neck)
2) 700 ml/25 fl oz of concentrated tomato broth
3) salt and ground black pepper to taste
4) 4-5 garlic cloves or to taste (I use a whole garlic head)
5) a handful of fresh tarragon leaves or 1 tsp of dried tarragon (can be used rosemary or sage instead)
6) 100 ml/3.5 fl oz of sunflower oil or olive oil
1) remove bone from the leg of lamb and lamb shoulder if necessary, then place the meat on a tray
2) place tomato broth into a bowl
3) season broth with salt and ground black pepper to taste
4) peel garlic cloves off, crush or grate them, then add garlic into the broth
5) chop tarragon leaves coarsely and add them into the broth
6) pour oil into tomato broth, them mix ingredients by hand to combine well
7) pour tomato broth over meat pieces to coat them evenly on both sides
8) cover the tray with food foil and place it into the fridge overnight or for a couple of hours at least
9) take the tray out from the fridge, remove food foil, add some water if the broth is too thick, and cook slow the meat at 180 C/360 F until golden, flip meat pieces several times to roast evenly (90-120 minutes)
10) turn the heat off in the oven when the roast is very tender and wait about 30 minutes before serving (recommended)
Roasted lamb is definitely one of my favorite food recipes. I cook lamb as many times as I can and especially in springtime when spring lamb meat is available abundantly.
I prepare lamb in many ways including soup, schnitzel, paprikash, stew, and, of course, roast.
The slow-cooked roast is, probably, the leg of lamb recipe that I use most often. Actually, I make roasted lamb not just with a leg of lamb, but also with lamb shoulder, lamb ribs, lamb loin, and lamb neck.
Furthermore, the roast leg of lamb is never missing from the Easter table in my family. Easter is the best moment when all enjoy lamb to celebrate this magic moment in a culinary way!
Since I like refined food, I have more recipes to cook slow roast lamb. Mostly, I use recipes that feature either red wine or tomato broth and different aromatic herbs to obtain a flavored roast sunk in a savory sauce that can be combined in a perfect way with various side dishes.
Slow-cooked leg of lamb is easy to cook. Basically, you need just to marinate the bone-in or boneless leg of lamb or boneless lamb shoulder, wait a couple of hours for the meat to absorb the flavors, and roast slowly the meat in the oven at medium-low temperature to both soften and brown.
Regarding the best cuts to prepare any slow-cooked leg of lamb recipe, I consider that bone-in leg of lamb and bone-in lamb shoulder is the perfect lamb pieces for a roast.
However, this is just a personal opinion based on my taste, so using boneless meat for a slow-cooked leg of lamb roast is also a good choice!
Enjoy roast leg of lamb recipe with tomato sauce!
Read more about slow roast lamb dishes here!