Learn in this video how to cook slow roast beef by using a yummy and easy roasted beef recipe in the oven with vegetables!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking roasted beef! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2.5 kg/88 oz of beef or veal shoulder
2) salt and ground black pepper to taste
3) 2 tbsp of pork lard or olive oil
4) 1 kg/35 oz of onions
5) 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
6) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
7) 2-3 fresh rosemary twigs or 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary (optional)
8) 500 ml/17 fl oz of beef stock (you can use water or white wine instead)
1) season meat with salt and black pepper to taste
2) place lard or olive oil into a frying skillet and wait until it’s hot
3) place the meat into the skillet and fry it over a very high temperature for about 3-4 minutes on each side
4) meanwhile, peel the onions off and cut it into rounds of about half a finger thickness
5) place onion rounds into a ceramic pot or regular tray into a layer
6) place fried meat over onions
7) add some salt into the tray and sprinkle some dried thyme and cumin powder over the meat
8) add some rosemary to the tray and pour the stock inside
9) pour over meat the melted lard or olive oil used previously for frying
10) place the lid on the ceramic pot or foil on the regular tray
11) place the tray into the oven at about 150 C/300 F for 30-90 minutes, depending on the meat consistency from inside that you want to obtain – rare, medium, or well-done
12) remove the lid or foil, place back the dish into the oven, and roast the beef at a high temperature (over 200 C/390 F) for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, pour 1-2 times juice from the tray over the meat
13) turn the fire off and leave the tray in the oven for 15-30 minutes before serving
14) slice the roast beef as desired (I recommend very thin slices) and serve it with a side dish of your choice
Roasted beef recipe in the oven is, without any doubt, belongs to the preferred beef recipes. This is, probably, because the beef or veal cooked in this way has a tender consistency inside and an appealing brown crust outside.
There are lots of roasted beef recipes. I show you one that I use often to get very tender and flavored roast beef.
If you’re puzzled why I fry the meat in the pan before roasting it in the oven, this happens for two reasons.
One is that I want to keep the meat juicy and by fast frying, at high temperature, an outer crust is formed and this seals the meat.
The second is that by frying in the pan the meat is already partially cooked when we put it in the oven and this reduces the time needed to be ready the food.
When it comes to the best side dish to match this roasted beef recipe, you have lots of options at disposal. I mostly serve mashed potatoes next to roasted beef, but sometimes I prefer boiled rice. However, you could find that another side dish is a better combination.
Enjoy cooking slow roast beef with vegetables!
Read more about roasted beef recipe origins here.