Slow roast beef recipes – how to make roasted beef in the oven. Slow roast beef recipe to cook beef in the oven with simple and tasty ingredients like tender veal or beef and vegetables.
Learn in this video how to make slow roast beef by using a yummy and easy roasted beef recipe in the oven with vegetables!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 2.5 kg / 88 oz of beef or veal shoulder
2) salt and ground black pepper to taste
3) 2 tbsp of pork lard or olive oil
4) 1 kg / 35 oz of onions
5) 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
6) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
7) 2-3 fresh rosemary twigs or 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary (optional)
8) 500 ml / 17 fl oz of beef stock (you can use water or white wine instead)
1) season meat with salt and black pepper to taste
2) place lard or olive oil into a frying skillet and wait until it’s hot
3) place the meat into the skillet and fry it over a very high temperature for about 3-4 minutes on each side
4) meanwhile, peel the onions off and cut it into rounds of about half a finger thickness
5) place onion rounds into a ceramic pot or regular tray into a layer
place fried meat over onions
6) add some salt into the tray and sprinkle some dried thyme and cumin powder over meat
7) add some rosemary to the tray and pour the stock inside
8) pour over meat the melted lard or olive oil used previously for frying
9) place lid on the ceramic pot or foil on the regular tray
10) place the tray into the oven at about 150 C / 300 F for 30-90 minutes, depending on the meat consistency from inside that you want to obtain – rare, medium or well-done
11) remove the lid or foil, place back the dish into the oven and roast the beef at a high temperature (over 200 C / 390 F) for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, pour 1-2 times juice from the tray over meat
12) turn the fire off and leave the tray into the oven for 15-30 minutes before serving
13) slice the roast beef as desired (I recommend very thin slices) and serve it with a side dish on your choice
Roasted beef recipe in the oven is, without any doubt, belongs to the preferred beef recipes. This is, probably, because the beef or veal cooked in this way has a tender consistency inside and an appealing brown crust outside.
There are lots of roasted beef recipes. I show you one that I use often to get very tender and flavored roast beef.
Cooking the roasted beef recipe with onion in the oven is very easy. You don’t much experience in the kitchen to get great results and there are no special cooking tips to share about the recipe.
If you’re puzzled why I fry the meat in the pan before roasting it in the oven, this happens for two reasons.
One is that I want to keep the meat juicy and by fast frying, at high temperature, an outer crust is formed and this seals the meat.
The second is that by frying in the pan the meat is already partially cooked when we put it in the oven and this reduces the time needed to be ready the food.
When it comes to the best side dish to match this roasted beef recipe, you have lots of options at disposal. I mostly serve mashed potatoes next to roasted beef, but sometimes I prefer boiled rice. However, you could find that another side dish is a better combination.
Enjoy slow roast beef with vegetables!
Read more about roasted beef recipe origins here.