Learn in this cooking video how to make a slow roast leg of lamb recipe using a yummy and easy roasted lamb recipe with horseradish marinade from Hungary!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking lamb in the oven! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2-3 tbsp of grated horseradish root, raw or roasted, to taste
2) 1/2 tbsp of sugar
3) 1/2 tbsp of salt or to taste
4) 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
5) 2 tbsp of olive oil
6) 3-4 kg/100-140 oz of spring lamb meat (leg of lamb, lamb shoulder, lamb rack, lamb loin, lamb neck)
7) fresh sorrel leaves (optional), you can use instead rosemary or tarragon
8) a few garlic cloves to taste (I use a whole garlic head)
9) 1/2 tsp of black peppercorn or to taste
10) 300 ml/10 fl oz of dry white wine (you can use water instead)
1) place horseradish into a bowl
2) add into the bowl sugar, salt, vinegar, and olive oil, then stir ingredients to combine them well
3) place the spring lamb meat on a tray, pour marinade over it, then rub the meat all over its surface to coat well and marinate inside
4) place into the tray aromatic herbs, garlic cloves, and black peppercorn, then cover the tray with foil and put it in the fridge for several hours (recommended)
5) take the tray out from the fridge and remove the foil
6) pour wine into the tray and a little oil over the meat if it doesn’t have fat at all
7) cover the tray with foil, then place it in the oven at 180 C/360 F and roast the meat for about 60-90 minutes
8) take the tray out from the oven, remove foil, add some water if necessary, place it back into the oven and fry the meat at 200 C/390 F until browned evenly (about 1 hour)
9) turn the oven off and leave the tray inside for about 30 minutes before serving the slow roast lamb (recommended)
10) take the tray out from the oven and slice the roast leg of lamb as desired
Slow roast lamb in the oven belongs to the most popular lamb recipes throughout the world. Any lamb is a good option to cook delicious food and especially spring lamb meat because it is very tender and has a unique taste.
I’m a big fan of lamb, so I cook it as many time as I have the occasion. I prepare different lamb recipes but most often I cook a slow roast leg of lamb in the oven.
Slow-cooked leg of lamb is a fantastic way to serve spring lamb meat. If prepared in the right way, roasted lamb turns into an exceptional meal that will please everyone.
The slow roast leg of lamb recipe presented on this page is very easy to make. The necessary ingredients are pretty easy to find and the cooking method is quite simple.
The only notable cooking tip about this slow roast lamb recipe is to prepare it at low temperatures to allow the meat enough time to soften.
Another advice is to let the meat marinate a couple of hours so that flavors are better absorbed inside.
I often use this slow roast leg of lamb recipe for the Easter dinner because of its very refined taste and easy cooking method. Try it once!
Enjoy slow roast leg of lamb recipe with wine!
You can read more about various lamb dishes here!