5 PRO Tips For The Southern Irish Stew Recipe
➡️ Below are a few tips to get the best results when cooking authentic southern Irish stew:
- remove any fat from the meat because the boiled lamb or mutton fat has a very unpleasant taste and texture
- cube the meat into medium-sized pieces so that the meat gets properly tender but cooked inside as well
- cube the potatoes into medium pieces to avoid excessive crushing
- remember that all ingredients must be permanently immersed in liquid to cook evenly
- over the browned meat you can add a few sprigs of thyme or rosemary before covering them with the rest of the ingredients; even though these flavors are not typical of southern Irish stew, they add an extra flavor that goes perfectly with lamb and other ingredients
Drinking wine at home!
What goes better with a delicious meal than quality wine? Nothing, both from my point of view and from the ancient Greeks, who said about wine that it’s the nectar of the gods! Can we contradict them?
➡️ Enjoy cooking southern Irish stew recipes from scratch!