Final Notes for the Southern Irish Stew Recipe
➡️ Below are a few tips to get the best results when cooking authentic southern Irish stew:
- remove any fat from the meat because the boiled lamb or mutton fat has a very unpleasant taste and texture
- cube the meat into medium-sized pieces so that the meat gets properly tender but cooked inside as well
- cube the potatoes into medium pieces to avoid excessive crushing
- remember that all ingredients must be permanently immersed in liquid to cook evenly
- over the browned meat you can add a few sprigs of thyme or rosemary before covering them with the rest of the ingredients; even though these flavors are not typical of southern Irish stew, they add an extra flavor that goes perfectly with lamb and other ingredients
➡️ Southern Irish Stew is a rustic and delicious dish that embodies the essence of Irish cooking. This stew is made with tender lamb or mutton, which is simmered in a flavorful broth with potatoes, onions, and herbs. The result is a warm and comforting meal that is perfect for chilly nights. The slow-cooking process allows the ingredients to develop rich flavors that come together in perfect harmony. The stew is often accompanied by a slice of fresh soda bread and a pint of stout, making it the ultimate comfort food. Enjoy cooking southern Irish stew recipes from scratch! If you need additional info about Irish cuisine, read more on Irish stew.
➡️ I recommend you to cook more tasty lamb stew recipes available on this website such as Hungarian lamb paprikash and spring lamb ragu. Other mouth-watering lamb recipes are featured in my cookbook Cooking Lamb: A Delicious Lamb Recipes Cookbook.