Easy homemade pasta sauce recipes – how to make spaghetti with tomato sauce at home in 9 steps.
Easy tomato sauce recipe to cook Italian pasta with simple and tasty ingredients like homemade pasta sauce and spaghetti.
Learn in this video how to make spaghetti with tomato sauce from scratch by using a tasty and easy homemade pasta sauce recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade pasta recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 600 g / 18 oz of spaghetti (about 100 g/3 oz of spaghetti per serving)
2) 100 g/3.5 oz of red onions, chopped
3) 2 tbsp of olive oil
4) salt and ground white pepper to taste to taste
5) 400 g/14 oz of fresh or canned tomatoes, peeled and chopped
6) 2 garlic cloves or to taste, chopped
7) 700 ml/24 fl oz of tomato broth
8) a few fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp of dried basil
9) a small rosemary twig or 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary
10) fresh juice from a lemon
11) 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
12) 300 g/10 oz of grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1) boil spaghetti in salted water as instructed on the packaging
2) peel onions off and chop it finely
3) pour olive oil into a frying skillet, place it to the stove over a medium temperature, and wait until the oil is hot
4) place chopped onions into the skillet and season it with some salt to taste, then fry it until glassy
5) add tomatoes and garlic to the skillet and continue simmering ingredients about 3 to 5 minutes or until the tomato juice drops a little
6) pour tomato broth into the skillet, add chopped basil and the rosemary twig, then reduce the temperature to middle-low, place the lid and wait until the homemade pasta sauce drops
7) add lemon juice, sugar, and white pepper to taste, then boil the sauce 2-3 minutes more
8) in the meantime, drain water from spaghetti and place them into plates
9) pour 1-2 ladles of homemade tomato sauce over spaghetti in each plate, then sprinkle over some grated cheese and a few basil leaves (optional)
Among the many food recipes that I cook, pasta, and especially spaghetti are at the top of my preferences. I make like both pasta cooked on the stove and baked in the oven, so the palette of my pasta recipes is pretty large.
One of the simplest spaghetti recipes that I use when I don’t have too much time to spend in the kitchen is pasta with tomato sauce. Usually, I use spaghetti, but other Italian pasta types can be used instead of it such as tagliatelle, penne rigate, and so on.
Most people make pasta with tomato sauce, but usually, they use commercial tomato sauce that they simply place over boiled spaghetti. This is fine when you’re in rush, however, cooking homemade pasta sauce is not so difficult as some might think and is also not so time-consuming as might look.
Therefore, I recommend you to make homemade pasta sauce as many times as you can, especially if you have at disposal fresh tomatoes ripe naturally in the garden. The taste of your tomato pasta sauce will have a much better taste!
Regarding the aromatic herbs, this sauce requires basil and rosemary to comply with its strong Italian essence. The quantity of basil and rosemary depends entirely on you, so you can personalize this spaghetti recipe as you wish. Naturally, if you don’t have fresh plants you can use their dried versions as well.
Finally, topping the dish with grated Parmesan is not mandatory, but when you are still using it you’ll take the food to a more refined level. Personally, I use a smoked Parmesan version and I recommend you try just once the food with this ingredient to become a true gourmand!
Enjoy spaghetti with tomato sauce and the homemade pasta sauce recipe!
Read more about spaghetti origins here!