Easy food recipe to cook German lamb schnitzel with breadcrumbs and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make spring lamb meat schnitzel from scratch by using a yummy and easy German schnitzel recipe with breadcrumbs!
SUPER YUMMY lamb schnitzel recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) first, prepare the meat: remove the bone from the leg of lamb and cut the meat into thin slices and/or cut the lamb loin into chops by following the rib bones (you might ask the butcher to do this step)
2) season lamb meat with salt and ground white pepper to taste
3) place flour and breadcrumbs on separate platters, then break the eggs and beat them up together with a pinch of salt
4) coat each meat piece completely with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs (EXACTLY in this order!), then place them aside
5) pour oil into a frying skillet, then place it on the stovetop over medium temperature and wait to warp up
6) place meat slices into the skillet when the oil is hot and fry them until brown on the bottom side
7) flip lamb schnitzels and fry them until evenly golden
8) take lamb schnitzel out from the skillet, drain the oil and place them on absorbent paper to remove any excess oil
9) serve spring lamb meat schnitzel immediately
German schnitzel is definitely among my favorite food recipes. Actually, I love schnitzel in any way – with breadcrumbs (the so-called German schnitzel), without breadcrumbs (Parisian or French schnitzel), with cornflakes, and so on.
Cooking spring lamb meat schnitzel is a real pleasure to me since I love eating lamb in any way. Already in February, I’m thinking about the juicy spring lamb that is coming soon! Of course, I like a larger lamb as well, but spring lamb is the meat type for real gourmets – it’s sweet, tender, and delicious!
Making this lamb schnitzel recipe is really easy. Basically, you need just to coat every meat slice with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs, then fry them into oil and you’re ready to go!
However, I share a few cooking tips to get the best results when making the lamb schnitzel recipe.
First, use the proper meat and the proper meat cut. Use thin leg of lamb slices or lamb chops – these are the best parts from a lamb to cook schnitzel!
If you don’t have the necessary skills to slice the meat, just ask you butcher to prepare the spring lamb for you!
Second, fry the schnitzel over medium heat and into a large amount of oil. Don’t use high temperatures to fry lamb because the meat will remain raw inside and the breadcrumb coating will burn and become bitter!
A large amount of oil helps to cook the meat evenly. Don’t be afraid that you will eat much oil because the meat doesn’t absorb oil and you have the chance to drain any excess oil when the schnitzel is ready.
Third, don’t cover any schnitzel after you take it out from the skillet because the dish where you store it will accumulate steam and this will soften the coating and will make the schnitzel watery!
Finally, serve the schnitzel as soon as you can after frying it because the meat will harden slowly while cooling and will absorb the tasty juices inside.
Enjoy spring lamb schnitzel recipe!
You can read more about schnitzel types here!