📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Strawberry Cream Filling Recipes: Fresh Strawberry Cake Filling
One of the most delicious strawberry cream-filling recipes you’ve ever made!
➡️ Searching for fresh strawberry cake filling recipes in 2023? On this webpage, you’ll find out how to make a custard cream filling for cakes with strawberries in 12 steps at home.
➡️ My easy strawberry filling recipe enables you to prepare a cream with simple and tasty ingredients such as fresh strawberry and vanilla pudding.
➡️ Read on and learn below how to make strawberry cake filling using a tasty and easy cream recipe for cakes with fresh strawberries!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Strawberry Cream Filling for Cakes
What ingredients do you need to make a strawberry cake filling?
1) 500 g/17.5 oz of strawberries, fresh or frozen
2) 300 g/10 oz of granulated sugar
3) 120 g/4.5 oz of vanilla pudding (3 sachets)
4) 700 ml/25 fl oz of cold cow milk
5) 200 g/0.7 oz of butter at room temperature
6) 100 g/0.35 oz of caster sugar
How to make a strawberry cake filling from scratch?
1) remove leaves if necessary and chop strawberries by knife into smaller pieces
2) place chopped strawberries into a pot, add the granulated sugar, then stir the ingredients
3) place the pot on the stovetop and simmer ingredients over low temperature to avoid forming foam, mix ingredients from time to time
4) take the pot off the stove when strawberries are soft and the juice lowered (about 15-20 minutes)
5) chop strawberries in a vertical blender, then wait to cool to room temperature
6) place vanilla pudding powder into a bowl, and add over the milk gradually while mixing ingredients by hand until smooth
7) pour milk with pudding over strawberries and combine ingredients by hand
8) place the pot on the stovetop and boil ingredients over medium temperature until thick, stir ingredients continuously to avoid sticking and burning
9) take the pot off the stove, cover the cream filling, and wait to cool to room temperature
10) meanwhile, place soft butter into a bowl, add over powdered sugar, and mix ingredients by rubbing them by hand until very smooth
11) stir the strawberry cake filling with a mixer until you get a creamy consistency
12) add gradually strawberry cream into the sweetened butter bowl while combining ingredients with the mixer, continue until you get a smooth cream filling
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Strawberry Cake Filling Recipe
➡️ You probably heard about the classic French pastry cream used for traditional cakes. I also use this type of pastry cream, but its preparation is very time-consuming and, therefore, I figured out a recipe for an excellent custard filling that requires a short time until it’s ready to fill cakes up.
➡️ I know that you’re already curious, so I acknowledge that I make this cream-filling recipe with pudding. The whole procedure is extremely simple. Additionally, you need just a couple of ingredients and the filling can be used shortly after preparation.
➡️ All right, if you’re wondering why I’m talking about vanilla custard when the recipe on this page is about strawberry cake filling, the reason is that this recipe is based on my easy vanilla custard recipe.
➡️ Strawberry is one of my preferred fruits to make homemade cakes and, especially, caked with cream filling. Maybe you know that on the internet or in the cooking books aren’t available many strawberry filling recipes, so I’ve turned vanilla custard into strawberry cake filling! How? Just watch the video and you’ll see how easy it’s this recipe!
➡️ Since it’s very easy, there aren’t many tips to share regarding this fresh strawberry cake filling recipe. One of the tips that I want to underline is that you can make this recipe not just with fresh strawberries but also with frozen strawberries, so you can enjoy a delicious strawberry cream cake at any time of the year!
➡️ In spite of its simplicity, this quick cake filling is really tasty and has a fabulous creamy consistency and a strong strawberry taste. As a result, I recommend you use this filling as many times as you need a quick and savory filling for a fresh strawberry cream cake.
➡️ Enjoy making strawberry cream filling from scratch! For additional info, read more on icing (food).
Related Cake Filling Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by