Easy homemade cake recipe to bake a fluffy sponge cake with whipped cream frosting and fresh strawberries on top.
Learn in this video how to make a strawberry cream cake from scratch by using a yummy and easy sponge cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) an 8-egg Victoria sponge cake
2) 300 g/10 oz + 300 g/10 oz + some for garnishing of fresh strawberries
3) 250 g/9 oz + 8 tbsp of granulated sugar
4) 200 g/7 oz of Greek yogurt (minimum 10% fat) – you can replace it with sour cream (12% fat)
5) 200 g/7 oz + 400 g/14 oz of whipped cream
6) 1 tsp of vanilla essence
7) 200 ml/7 fl oz of cold water
8) 20 g/0.7 oz of cake gelatin
9) 2 tsp of powdered milk or 2 sachets of whipped cream hardener
10) some fresh peppermint leaves (optional)
1) buy from the bakery or bake at home a sponge cake with 8 eggs (view how to make a Victoria sponge cake)
2) cut the sponge cake in two halves on the side
3) remove leaves and wash strawberries, then wait to drain water well
4) chop about 300 g/10 oz of strawberries by hand or blender until you get a pretty fine paste
5) place strawberry paste into a bowl
6) add 250 g/9 oz of sugar to the bowl and combine ingredients by hand until sugar is dissolved completely
7) add yogurt to the bowl and combine ingredients by hand until smooth
8) make 200 g/7 oz of whipped cream as instructed on the package, then add it to the first bowl and combine ingredients by hand until smooth
9) chop into small to medium-sized pieces about 300 g/10 oz of strawberries, then add them into the bowl and combine ingredients by hand
10) place cold water into a bowl, add vanilla essence and rest of sugar, then mix ingredients by hand until sugar is dissolved completely and the syrup is smooth
11) coat with food foil a baking mold with a detachable edge so that the foil coats both the inner and outer faces of the edge
12) place the bottom half of the sponge cake into the mold
13) pour from the previously prepared syrup over the sponge cake from the mold until it’s moist well (use about half of the syrup)
14) prepare gelatin as instructed on the package
15) add about a spoon of strawberry cake filling into the gelatin, mix by hand well, then add this composition into the rest of filling 16) combine ingredients by hand until the strawberry cake filling is unitary
17) place strawberry cake filling into the fridge for about 15-30 minutes to harden slightly
18) place strawberry cake filling into the mold
19) moist the inner face of the second sponge cake layer with the rest of the syrup or until very soft
20) place the second sponge cake half over the filling and press it gently by hand to immobilize it
21) pour rest of the syrup all over the cake if remained some of it
22) cover and tighten the cake with the foil from the mold outside
23) place the fresh strawberry cake into the fridge until the next day (recommended) or at least for 6 hours to harden the strawberry cake filling well
24) take the cake out from the fridge and remove the mold edge and food foil
25) place the cake to the platter that you are going to use for serving
26) prepare 400 g/14 oz of whipped cream as instructed on the package, meanwhile, add powdered milk or cream hardener to get very hard whipped cream
27) coat the strawberry cream cake with whipped cream both on top and edge, make shapes as desired
28) slice some fresh strawberries and garnish the cake top and side as desired, add some fresh peppermint leaves for an improved look
Strawberry is one of the fruits that I use often when I cake fresh fruit cake. There are many strawberry cake recipes that I prepare at home, some with cream, some just with fruit. Below you find a list with such fruit cake recipes.
Enjoy strawberry cream cake recipe with fresh strawberries!
Read more about strawberry cake types here.