Fresh strawberry tart recipes – how to make strawberry tart at home in 29 steps. Easy strawberry cream cake recipe to bake a French tart with simple and tasty ingredients such as fresh strawberries.
Learn in this video how to make strawberry tart by using a yummy and easy filling recipe for a cake with strawberries!
SUPER YUMMY strawberry tart recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com!
ENJOY this delicious strawberry cream cake recipe! 👌
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 250 g / 9 oz of strawberries, fresh or frozen
2) 150 g / 5 oz of granulated sugar
3) 60 g / 2.25 oz of vanilla pudding (3 sachets)
4) 350 ml / 12.5 fl oz of cold cow milk
5) 100 g / 0.35 oz of butter at room temperature
6) 50 / 0.17 oz of caster sugar
1) 225 g / 8 oz of cake flour
2) 90 g / 3.2 oz of granulated sugar
3) 120 g / 4.25 oz of butter for the dough + 10 g / 0.35 oz for the mold
4) 2 tbsp of very cold water
1) 250 g / 9 oz of fresh strawberries
2) 8 g / 0.3 oz of red cake gelee
1) remove leaves if necessary and chop strawberries by knife into smaller pieces
2) place chopped strawberries into a pot, add over them granulated sugar, and stir ingredients
3) place the pot to the stovetop and simmer ingredients over low temperature to avoid forming foam, mix ingredients from time to time
4) take the pot off the stove when strawberries are soft and the juice lowered
5) chop strawberries by vertical blender, then wait to cool to room temperature
6) place vanilla pudding powder into a bowl, add over the milk gradually while mixing ingredients by hand until smooth
7) pour milk with pudding over strawberries and combine ingredients by hand
8) place the pot to the stovetop and boil ingredients over medium temperature until thick, stir ingredients continuously to avoid sticking and burning
9) take the pot off the stove, cover the cream filling, and wait to cool to room temperature
10) meanwhile, place soft butter into a bowl, add over powdered sugar, and mix ingredients by rubbing them by hand until very smooth
11) stir strawberry cream by mixer until you get a creamy consistency
12) add gradually strawberry cream into the sweetened butter bowl while combining ingredients by mixer, continue until you get a smooth cream filling
13) place the flour into a bowl, add sugar, and mix ingredients
14) add soft butter into the bowl and combine ingredients by rubbing them by hand
15) add very cold water (at the fridge temperature) and combine ingredients until you get a smooth dough
16) pack the dough with food foil and place it into the fridge for about 30 minutes
17) meanwhile, grease a 26 cm / 10 inches tart mold with butter
18) unpack tart dough
19) sprinkle some flour to a worktop, place the dough, and stretch it into a layer a bit larger than the mold you are going to use
20) place the dough layer into the mold
21) remove foil and excess dough from the edge, use it to fill any gaps if necessary
22) make some holes by the fork into the dough, then cover it with baking paper and put a weight over such as beans, rice, or baking balls
23) place the mold into the preheated oven at 180 C / 360 F and bake the dough until you get a slightly golden tart crust (10-15 minutes), then take the mold out from the oven and wait to cool the tart base to room temperature
24) fill the tart shell up with the strawberry cream filling and level the top
25) slice strawberries for garnishing
25) make a layer with strawberry slices as desired
26) prepare red cake gelee as instructed on the package, then stretch it into a layer over the tart
27) place the strawberry tart into the fridge for at least 1 hour to harden both the filling and icing
28) take the tart out from the mold and place it to a platter
29) slice the tart up as desired
French tart is one of the homemade cake recipes that I like to make with fresh fruits and especially with strawberries. So, when comes the spring, I make strawberry tart at least once but usually more times along this time frame.
As you probably know, most such tart recipes feature vanilla custard filling and just a strawberry layer on top. My tart is actually a strawberry cream cake recipe because it features not just a fresh strawberry layer but also a strawberry cream filling! For this reason, it’s a unique strawberry cake recipe that is worth to learn and make it as many times as you can!
Preparing this strawberry cream cake recipe is pretty easy, even if it takes some time. If you don’t have too much time at disposal, you could buy the tart crust from the store and make just the cream filling and garnishing. If so, you can skip the steps from 13 to 24 and save time.
This strawberry cream cake or strawberry tart, no matter how want you call it, is both spectacular and delicious! I use the red cake gelee both to improve the cake look and avoid fresh strawberry oxidation, which makes strawberry slices brown and give an unpleasant look.
As final tip, this strawberry cream cake can be kept 1-2 days in the fridge before serving, so you can make with a day in advance when you’re expecting guests or organize an event at home.
Enjoy strawberry cream cake recipe!
Read more about classic tart origins here.