📖 Table of Contents
Classic Strawberry Tart Recipes: French Strawberry Tart
My classic strawberry tart recipe is one of the most delicious strawberry tart recipes you’ve ever baked in the French style!
➡️ Looking for French strawberry tart recipes in 2023? On this website, you’ll find out how to make a strawberry cake in French style at home in 30 steps. For those who are not familiar with French cakes, the tart is a classic recipe that is somewhat similar to the American pie but has only one layer of dough on top of which cream and other ingredients such as fruit are added. More information is available further down the page.
➡️ Strawberry tart is the ideal recipe that you can make when strawberries are plentiful. It highlights in a perfect way the aristocratic character of this fragrant fruit and is a dessert that even the pickiest gourmet appreciates. My easy strawberry cream cake recipe enables you to bake a classic French tart with simple and tasty ingredients such as fresh strawberries.
➡️ Preparing a French tart is not a difficult task and the strawberry tart is no exception. Even if you make the tart base at home, you will have no difficulty in obtaining a dessert that will amaze you with the perfect taste and texture that only French cake recipes can offer. Watch the cake-baking video below and learn how to make French strawberry tart cake using a yummy and easy cake-filling recipe with strawberries!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Strawberry Tart the Classic Way from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make a strawberry cake filling for a tart?
1) 250 g/9 oz of strawberries, fresh or frozen
2) 150 g/5 oz of granulated sugar
3) 60 g/2.25 oz of vanilla pudding (3 sachets)
4) 350 ml/12.5 fl oz of cold cow milk
5) 100 g/0.35 oz of butter at room temperature
6) 50 g/0.17 oz of caster sugar
What ingredients do you need to make a tart crust?
1) 225 g/8 oz of cake flour
2) 90 g/3.2 oz of granulated sugar
3) 120 g/4.25 oz of butter for the dough + 10 g/0.35 oz for the mold
4) 2 tbsp of very cold water
What ingredients do you need to garnish the strawberry cream cake?
1) 250 g/9 oz of fresh strawberries
2) 8 g/0.3 oz of red cake gelee
How to make a strawberry tart from scratch?
1) remove leaves if necessary and chop strawberries by knife into smaller pieces
2) place chopped strawberries into a pot, add the granulated sugar, then stir the ingredients
3) place the pot on the stovetop and simmer ingredients over low temperature to avoid forming foam, mix ingredients from time to time
4) take the pot off the stove when the strawberries are soft and the juice lowered
5) chop strawberries with a vertical blender, then wait to cool to room temperature
6) place vanilla pudding powder into a bowl, and add over the milk gradually while mixing ingredients by hand until smooth
7) pour milk with pudding over strawberries and combine ingredients by hand
8) place the pot on the stovetop and boil ingredients over medium temperature until thick, stir ingredients continuously to avoid sticking and burning
9) take the pot off the stove, cover the cream filling, and wait to cool to room temperature
10) meanwhile, place soft butter into a bowl, add over powdered sugar, and mix ingredients by rubbing them by hand until very smooth
11) stir strawberry cream with a mixer until you get a creamy consistency
12) add gradually strawberry cream into the sweetened butter bowl while combining ingredients with the mixer, continue until you get a smooth cream filling
13) place the flour into a bowl, add sugar, and mix the ingredients
14) add soft butter into the bowl and combine ingredients by rubbing them on the hand
15) add very cold water (at the fridge temperature) and combine ingredients until you get a smooth dough
16) pack the dough with food foil and place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes
17) meanwhile, grease a 26 cm/10 inches tart mold with butter
18) unpack tart dough
19) sprinkle some flour into a worktop, place the dough, and stretch it into a layer a bit larger than the mold you are going to use
20) place the dough layer into the mold
21) remove foil and excess dough from the edge, and use it to fill any gaps if necessary
22) make some holes with the fork into the dough, then cover it with baking paper and put a weight over such as beans, rice, or baking balls
23) place the mold into the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the dough until you get a slightly golden tart crust (10-15 minutes), then take the mold out from the oven and wait to cool the tart base to room temperature
24) fill the tart shell up with the strawberry cream filling and level the top
25) slice strawberries for garnishing
26) make a layer with strawberry slices as desired
27) prepare red cake gelee as instructed on the package, then stretch it into a layer over the tart
28) place the strawberry tart into the fridge for at least 1 hour to harden both the filling and icing
29) take the tart out from the mold and place it on a platter
30) slice the tart up as desired
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
PRO Tips For The French Strawberry Tart Recipe
➡️ French tart is one of the homemade cake recipes that I like to make with fresh fruits and especially strawberries. So, when comes spring, I make strawberry tart at least once but usually more times along this time frame.
➡️ As you probably know, most such tart recipes feature vanilla custard filling and just a strawberry layer on top. My tart is actually a strawberry cream cake recipe because it features not just a fresh strawberry layer but also a strawberry cream filling! For this reason, it’s a unique strawberry cake recipe that is worth learning, and make it as many times as you can!
➡️ Preparing this strawberry cream cake recipe is pretty easy, even if it takes some time. If you don’t have too much time at your disposal, you could buy the tart crust from the store and make just the cream filling and garnishing. If so, you can skip steps 13 to 24 and save time.
➡️ This strawberry cream cake or strawberry tart, no matter what you want to call it, is both spectacular and delicious! I use the red cake gelee both to improve the cake look and avoid fresh strawberry oxidation, which makes strawberry slices brown and gives an unpleasant look.
➡️ A final tip, this strawberry cream cake can be kept 1-2 days in the fridge before serving, so you can make with a day in advance when you’re expecting guests or organizing an event at home.
➡️ Enjoy making French strawberry tart from scratch! For additional info, read more on tart!
Related Tart Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by