Ricotta cake recipes – how to make sweet cheese buns or stuffed ricotta buns. Homemade yeast bread recipe to bake stuffed sweet cheese buns with ricotta cheese or cottage cheese and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make sweet cheese buns from scratch by using a homemade ricotta cake recipe from grandma!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
ENJOY ricotta cake recipe from scratch! 👌
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 300 ml / 10 fl oz of cold cow milk
2) 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
3) 1 tsp of salt
4) 50 g / 2 oz of fresh yeast
5) grated zest from an orange or lemon
6) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
7) 600 g / 21 oz + 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp of cake flour
8) 100 g / 3.5 oz + 50 g / 2 oz of butter at room temperature
9) 1 egg
10) some caster sugar for garnishing
1) place sweet cheese into a bowl
2) add over cheese sour cream, egg, sugar, semolina, and vanilla extract, then mix ingredients by hand to combine very well
3) pour milk into another bowl, then add over it sugar, salt, yeast, grated orange zest, and vanilla extract, then mix to combine ingredients very well
4) sprinkle over milk 2 spoons of flour, cover the dish and wait about 5 minutes to activate the yeast
5) place rest of flour into another bowl, add 100 g / 3.5 oz of butter and combine ingredients by rubbing butter with flour until there are no more butter traces into the bowl
6) break an egg over the flour and add the milk and yeast mixture, then mix ingredients by hand to combine ingredients until you get a smooth and elastic dough
7) cover the bowl with food foil, place it into a lukewarm place and wait about 45 minutes to leaven the dough and double its volume
8) sprinkle about 2 spoons of flour all over your worktop, place the dough to the worktop and spread it into a sheet of about 1 cm / 0.4 inches thickness
9) cut dough edges to be straight
10) cut dough squares with the side of about 10 cm / 4 inches
11) put about one spoon of cheese on each dough square, then bend the corners just like in the video
12) press edges by fingers to seal the filling
13) place the buns into a tray coated with baking paper with the whole side up one near the other
14) put the tray in the preheated at 180 C / 360 F and wait until the sweet cheese buns are golden (about 25-30 minutes)
15) before ricotta cake is ready, place rest of butter into a saucepan and melt it on the stovetop
16) take the tray out from the oven and brush the sweet stuffed buns with the melted butter until you consume the entire butter amount
17) wait to cool ricotta cake to room temperature
18) sprinkle caster sugar abundantly over and divide buns before serving them
Yeast cake belongs to the traditional homemade cake recipes. There are many types of yeast cake that I prepare at home. Some of my favorite such recipes include sweet stuffed buns with various fillings such as ricotta, chocolate cream, poppyseed paste, walnut paste, and so on.
On this page I show you how to make a delicious sweet bread recipe, namely the sweet cheese buns recipe.
The ricotta cake recipe is pretty easy to make and it’s worth the effort even if preparing the cake takes some time. However, any yeast cake needs time, so probably you’re already aware about that!
This recipe is especially useful when you have guests and you need to serve them at the same time. Not just that this ricotta cake recipe is amazingly tasty, but you can place them all to a platter and serve your guests in a quick and easy way!
Traditionally, my family serves a type of sweet cheesecake at Easter, so I make this ricotta cake recipe pretty often with that occasion!
Enjoy sweet cheese buns or ricotta cake recipe! 👌