Learn in this video how to make roasted pepper and corn salad with yogurt by using a tasty and easy salad appetizer recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cold appetizer recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 6 large bell peppers (about 500 g/17 oz)
2) 100 g/3.5 oz of canned sweet corn
3) some salt or red pepper paste for food seasoning
4) 50 g/0.75 oz of pickles
5) 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1-2 garlic cloves
6) 3-4 tbsp of Greek yogurt (over 10% fat)
7) some fresh greenery (parsley, dill, coriander, basil)
1) roast bell peppers, wait to cool, then peel off, remove stub and seeds, chop, and place them into a bowl
2) open corn can, rinse corn, drain water well, and place it over the peppers
3) season with some salt or salted red pepper paste to taste
4) drain pickles well, chop finely, and add them into the bowl
5) add garlic powder or grate finely some garlic cloves into the bowl
6) add yogurt to the bowl, then mix ingredients thoroughly to combine well
7) chop some fresh greenery and sprinkle it over the salad
8) place the salad appetizer into the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to combine better the flavors (recommended)
Salad appetizers are nowadays some of the most appreciated appetizer recipes. Among the reasons that contribute to this fact can be listed the delicious taste of salads, the short time necessary to prepare them and the variety of ingredients included in different recipes.
I am convinced that each of you has tasted and prepared various cold appetizers, but few have used baked or roasted peppers and sweet corn as main ingredients.
Both taste delicious and offer various benefits to those who consume them. Below are some of the most important attributes of bell pepper.
Red peppers are rich in vitamin c, though roasting them reduces their vitamin C content by up to 25 percent. The vitamin A and beta-carotene in red peppers offers good support for your overall vision and eye health.Red Pepper: Health Benefits, Nutrients, Preparation, and More (https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-red-pepper#1)
So, even after roasting, bell peppers remain a great source of C vitamin, which is one of the factors that strengthen the general immunity of the human organism. But let’s see what offers sweet corn.
It also contains valuable B vitamins, which are important to your overall health. Corn also provides our bodies with essential minerals such as zinc, magnesium, copper, iron, and manganese. Corn is a good source of the antioxidants carotenoids, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which promote eye health.Cash in on the health benefits of corn (https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/cash-in-on-the-health-benefits-of-corn)
In addition, yogurt, which is also one of the main ingredients in the recipe, offers additional benefits to your health.
A cup of plain Greek yogurt can help you meet the recommended dietary guideline of three daily servings of low-fat or nonfat dairy products. People who have lactose intolerance may also find Greek yogurt easier to digest because of the bacterial breakdown of the milk’s sugars.Health Benefits of Greek Yogurt (https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/greek-yogurt-benefits)
After reading about the benefits of these ingredients, you will probably read more carefully the recipe for roasted pepper and sweet corn salad with yogurt.
Besides the fact that the ingredients are very healthy, the roasted pepper and sweet corn salad with yogurt is very easy and quick to prepare, especially if you have prepared the peppers beforehand or use frozen or canned baked or roasted peppers.
Consequently, I recommend you to make and enjoy this wonderful appetizer. Its taste is very refined, and the salad can be used in many ways.
You can use it for breakfast to prepare delicious sandwiches, you can serve it as a side dish to various meat dishes, or use it to make party food or other more sophisticated make-ahead appetizers such as tomatoes stuffed with this delicious bell pepper and sweet corn salad with yogurt.
Read more information about sweet corn here.