Homemade cheese pie recipes – how to make sweet ricotta cheese pie. Authentic Italian cheese pie recipe to bake a homemade pie with fresh cottage cheese or ricotta and more healthy ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make a sweet ricotta cheese pie from scratch by using an authentic ricotta pie recipe just like in Italy!
SUPER YUMMY sweet ricotta pie by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
ENJOY cheese pie recipe from scratch! 👌
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 600 g / 21 oz of shortcrust pastry with lard or butter (view how to make sweet shortcrust pastry with lard and how to make shortcrust pastry with butter)
2) 100 g / 3.5 of raisins
3) 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz of dark rum or cold water mixed with 1 tsp of rum essence
4) 600 g / 21 oz of ricotta cheese, sweet cottage cheese or another sweet cheese type
5) 300 g / 10.5 oz of granulated sugar
6) 400 g / 14 oz of double cream
7) 2 eggs for the filling + 1 egg to brush the pie
8) 6 tbsp of semolina for the filling + 4 tbsp to sprinkle in the tray
9) caster sugar for garnishing
1) put raisins in a mug and pour over them rum or water mixed with the rum essence, then combine ingredients and wait at least 15 minutes to soften the raisins
2) squeeze the cheese well if necessary, then put it in a bowl, add sugar and cream, then mix ingredients thoroughly
3) break 2 eggs into the bowl and add softened raisins, then mix ingredients again
4) add semolina and mix again
5) cut the dough in two pieces with the proportion of about 60% -40%
6) spread the larger dough piece into a sheet of about 1 cm / 0.4 inches thickness so that its surface is slightly larger than of the tray you are going to use
7) cut edges of the pastry sheet to be straight, then put the sheet in the tray
8) sprinkle 4 tablespoons of semolina over dough sheet in a layer, then pour cheese filling and level its surface to be straight
9) spread the second dough piece into a sheet and place it over the cheese layer
10) merge the two dough sheets on the tray edges by pressing with your fingers, then cut excess off
11) break the last egg, beat it up by the fork and brush the pie surface all over
12) make a few holes by the fork in the pie sheet to get the steam out during baking
13) put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C / 360 F and bake the cake until golden (30-45 minutes)
14) take the tray out from the oven and wait until this delicious sweet cheese ricotta pie cools to room temperature
15) cut the pie up into pieces of the desired size, then sprinkle over some caster sugar as desired
Cheesecake is one of the most loved homemade cake recipes. As a result, housewives all over the world make all kinds of cake recipes using sweet cheese. Most often they use cow cheese, but there are still many recipes featuring sheep cheese and even goat cheese.
As a child, I was spoiled by my grandmother with various homemade cakes prepared with shortcrust pastry. She knew to make an excellent cake dough with lard, which she used often to make wonderful sweet pies with various fillings.
Most often, grandma used to make apple pie, sometimes apple and walnut pie and, rarely, sweet cheese pie because, apparently, sweet cheese wasn’t cheap and she needed a lot to make enough cake for all the family!
This sweet ricotta cheese pie tastes even better if you add raisins to the cheese filling. Their sweetness is combined with the exotic flavor of the rum and together give to this cheesecake a divine savor!
Enjoy the sweet ricotta cheese pie recipe! 👌
Read more about various cake recipes with sweet cheese here.