Creamy tarragon chicken recipes – how to make cream of chicken with tarragon sauce in 14 steps at home.
Easy tarragon chicken recipe to cook homemade food with simple and tasty ingredients like chicken breast and fresh tarragon cream sauce.
Learn in this video how to make tarragon chicken from scratch by using a tasty and easy chicken recipe with sour cream!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY chicken with tarragon! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1.8-2 kg/63-70 oz of chicken breast, skinless and boneless (8 halves)
2) salt and ground white pepper to taste
3) 50 ml/1.7 fl oz of olive oil
4) 300 g/10 oz of yellow onions
5) 6 tbsp of all-purpose flour
6) 300 ml/10 fl oz of chicken stock
7) 500 g/17 oz of sour cream (12% fat)
8) 50 g/1.7 oz of fresh tarragon leaves or to taste (you can use 1/2 tsp of dried tarragon instead)
1) remove the bone and skin from chicken breasts, then cut them in two halves lengthwise
2) season chicken with a little salt and brush the flesh to enter salt better inside
3) pour a little olive oil into a frying skillet and wait to warm up over a medium-high temperature
4) place chicken breast halves into the skillet and roast until golden brown on both sides, then take them out from the skillet and set aside
5) peel onions off, then chop them finely
6) pour a little oil in the same skillet, wait to get hot over a medium temperature, then add chopped onions and fry until golden
7) meanwhile, place the flour into a bowl, pour over a little water, and stir until you get a smooth and viscous mixture
8) pour dissolved flour over onions and stir ingredients continuously for about 1-2 minutes to roast flour a bit together with the onion
9) pour chicken stock into the skillet and stir ingredients continuously until the sauce thickens
10) reduce temperature to a very low level, add sour cream in the skillet, and stir ingredients until you get a smooth sauce which starts to bubble
11) season the onion cream sauce with some salt and ground white pepper to taste, then mix ingredients
12) cut chicken breast halves into strips of about 1-2 finger thickness and place them into the skillet
13) chop tarragon leaves coarsely, add them into the skillet, mix, and simmer ingredients for about 1-2 minutes or until the sauce starts bubbling
14) serve the chicken in tarragon cream sauce immediately
Most people use to cook chicken breast by roasting in the pan, baking in the oven, or grilling on the barbecue. However, chicken breast can be cooked in a very different way, namely simmered in a white sauce.
French cuisine, as anyone knows, is very refined and rich in flavors. Of course, it features a lot of chicken recipes including all chicken cuts. One of the most delicious of them is chicken tarragon.
Many of you probably heard about cooking chicken with tarragon and asked yourself how could such food taste. For those of you how don’t know, tarragon is a very flavored herb, especially when fresh, that matches extremely well the chicken taste and texture.
Almost all the recipes that I know include chicken stock. This is a logical ingredient that helps flesh boiling and adds more chicken aroma to the food. However, my recipe features thereto sour cream, the secret ingredient that takes this dish to the next level due to the very creamy texture and more refined taste.
Even if the recipe looks pretty complicated to make at the very first glance, in reality, the method is quite simple and quick. Everyone knows to roast a piece of meat into the pan, right?
Plus, preparing the cream sauce based on onion is easy, as you can see in the video. You only need to chop some onion, roast and season it a bit, add the stock and cream, and you’re ready to go!
Enjoy tarragon chicken in cream sauce!
Read more about chicken as food here.