📖 Table of Contents
Authentic Greek Tomato Salad Recipes: Tomato Feta Salad
My tomato and feta salad is possibly the most delicious Greek tomato feta salad recipe you’ve ever made at home!
➡️ Tomato is one of the most used vegetables for making a salad, so there are lots of tomato salad recipes. On this page, I bring to your attention one of the best such recipes, namely the Greek tomato feta salad, which is so tasty that I simply love it!
➡️ One of the most popular dishes from Greece is tomato feta salad, which is a simple salad made from diced tomatoes, feta cheese, and olive oil. The tomatoes used in this salad are typically from Greece, which adds to the authenticity of the dish, and feta cheese adds to the flavor and texture of the salad.
➡️ Preparing a vegetable salad is a simple task and this recipe is no exception to the rule. Watch the cooking video below and find out more about the authentic recipe for the Greek tomato feta salad!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Greek Tomato Feta Salad from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for the tomato feta salad recipe? (4 servings)
1) 300 g/10 oz of tomatoes
2) 50 g/2 oz of onions, peeled
3) 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram (oregano)
4) 1 tbsp of olive oil
5) 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar or to taste
6) 100 g/3.5 oz of feta cheese
7) some marjoram (oregano) leaves for garnishing (optional)
How to make tomato feta salad from scratch in 7 steps?
step 1: chop tomatoes coarsely and place them into a bowl
step 2: chop peeled onions coarsely and place them over tomatoes
step 3: sprinkle dried marjoram (oregano) over veggies
step 4: pour olive oil over the veggies
step 5: pour vinegar over the veggies
step 6: grate feta cheese over veggies
step 7: garnish the tomato feta salad with some marjoram/oregano leaves (optional) and serve it immediately
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Greek Tomato Feta Salad Recipe
➡️ Traditional Greek salads are made from a variety of vegetables, often tomatoes, feta cheese, and olives. This Greek tomato salad recipe takes the traditional salad to the next level with fresh tomatoes, creamy feta cheese, and fragrant herbs. It’s great as a side dish or as a main dish when served on scorching summer days, which are common in this Balkan country.
- Greek tomatoes are very sweet due to the climate of this Mediterranean country, so I recommend using, as much as possible, very ripe tomatoes to accurately reproduce the authentic taste of the tomato feta salad
- Greek cuisine is pretty rustic, so you don’t need to chop tomatoes and onions finely but rather coarsely
- Greeks like to sour the feta and tomato salad with white wine vinegar or even with fresh lemon juice, use an amount that fits your personal taste – add first a spoon of vinegar or lemon juice, mix and taste, then add more as needed
- Greek olive oil is recommended for this recipe to reproduce better the authentic taste of this tomato salad
- use a dryer feta cheese type that enables you to grate it coarsely or break it by hand into smaller pieces, other types of brine cheese can be used if you don’t have feta at hand
- serve the tomato feta salad immediately as you make it because ripe tomatoes eliminate a lot of juice and the salad can become runny very quickly
➡️ Enjoy making authentic Greek tomato salad from scratch! For additional info, read more on tomato!
Related Tomato Salad Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by