Tomato mushroom gravy recipes – how to make tomato mushroom gravy from scratch in 11 steps at home.
Learn in this video how to make tomato mushroom sauce by using a yummy and easy fresh Champignon mushroom gravy recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of fresh mushrooms
2) 4 tbsp of sunflower oil or olive oil
3) 300 g/10 oz of onion
4) 700 ml/25 fl oz of mashed tomatoes or thick tomato broth
5) salt and ground black pepper to taste
6) 1/2 tsp of ginger powder or coriander powder
7) 1-2 springs of rosemary or 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary
8) 1-2 dried bay leaves (optional)
9) 1 tbsp of sugar
10) 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
11) a bundle of parsley, dill, or coriander (optional)
1) cut mushrooms in smaller pieces if necessary, then place them into a frying skillet, pour 2 spoons of oil over it, mix, place the lid on the skillet and simmer until mushrooms eliminate water completely and fry slightly
2) take mushrooms out from the skillet when golden brown
3) peel the onions off, chop them finely, then place it into the same skillet that you have used previously
4) pour 2 spoons of oil over onions and fry at a high temperature until glassy
5) peel tomatoes off and mash them (not necessary if you are using tomato broth)
6) pour mashed tomatoes or broth over onion and mix
7) season the food with salt, ground black pepper, and ginger or coriander
8) add to the skillet aromatic herbs, sugar, and vinegar
9) put mushrooms back into the skillet, mix ingredients, and boil the food over a low temperature until the gravy thickens (20-30 minutes)
10) meanwhile, chop the greenery for topping if used
11) sprinkle greenery over this delicious mushroom stew and serve it immediately
Fresh mushrooms are used by many people to cook very tasty food recipes. There are, probably, thousands of mushroom recipes all over the world. However, many of them are mushroom stew, mushroom sauce, and mushroom gravy recipes.
The tomato mushroom gravy recipe that I present on this page and in the embedded video is one of my favorite mushroom recipes. So, I cook it pretty often, both because the food is ready in a very short time and for its delicious taste.
Making mushroom gravy with tomato sauce is very easy, so anyone can cook it with the best results. There are no cooking tips to share about this recipe. Maybe I have to underline that you have to wait until mushrooms eliminate all the water to avoid cooking a watery gravy.
This mushroom gravy can be served plain, just with some fresh bread next to it. Also, you can serve the stew with different side dishes such as mashed potatoes, boiled potatoes, boiled pasta, or boiled rice.
Regarding the flavors I use, sometimes I replace ginger with coriander or even with oregano or allspice. The same thing is with the fresh greenery, that I strongly recommend using to top the food. Most often I use parsley or dill, but fresh coriander or basil leaves are also very good choices.
Finally, it doesn’t matter pretty much the combination of flavors and herbs that you’re using because the gravy will be exceptional every time and will be highly appreciated by your family and friends.
Enjoy tomato mushroom gravy!
Read more about mushroom gravy here.