Learn in this video how to cook diced pork shoulder by using a tasty and easy pork stew recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY tomato pork stew recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1.5 kg/50 oz of pork shoulder or uncured fresh ham
2) 100 g/3.5 oz of yellow onions
3) 3 garlic cloves or to taste
4) 2 tbsp of neutral vegetable oil like sunflower oil
5) 400 g/14 oz of tomatoes, fresh or canned
6) salt and ground black pepper to taste
7) 1 tsp of dried thyme
8) 1 tsp of coriander powder
9) some fresh greenery like parsley, dill, or coriander (optional)
1) cut pork shoulder chunk into slices of about 1 finger width
2) dice pork shoulder slices into medium-sized cubes
3) peel onions off and chop them finely
4) peel garlic cloves off and chop them finely
5) pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and wait to warm up over a medium temperature
6) place diced pork shoulder into the pan and wait until bleached (about 10 minutes)
7) add chopped garlic over the meat
8) add onion into the skillet and wait to soften (about 5 minutes)
9) meanwhile, chop fresh tomatoes or open canned tomatoes, then add them to the pan
10) pour about 200 ml/7 fl oz of lukewarm water into the skillet
11) season pork stew with some salt and ground black pepper to taste
12) add dried thyme
13) add coriander powder
14) mix ingredients, then simmer them until the gravy is low and the pork very tender (about 20-30 minutes), add more water in small quantities if necessary and stir from time to time to avoid food burning
15) meanwhile, chop fresh greenery and sprinkle it over the stew when serving (optional)
Pork shoulder is one of the juiciest pork cuts and one of the cheapest, so I use it many times to cook delicious food. Some of them feature diced pork shoulder that is simply perfect for stew.
Stew is one of the food types that today is less cooked by younger generations in some countries including the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia. I’m not sure why happens this, but I guess they fear the long cooking time that is supposed to be necessary. This preconception is, however, completely false!
Cooking a very tasty and tender stew doesn’t take much time if you know how to make it correctly. There are lots of examples and one at hand is the tomato pork stew recipe shared on this webpage.
Combining pork with tomato results in a delicious food! Stew is just perfect to cook together pork and tomatoes and the result is simply astonishing because the dish is juicy, tender, and well flavored. Plus, it’s ready in short time, I mean a decent time frame considered by normal people because cooking good and complex food in 15 minutes, as stated by some “master chefs”, is simply untruth!
In regard to the pork meat used for the tomato pork stew, pork shoulder is just perfect because is very juicy and features some fat that makes the food tasty. Besides diced pork shoulder, you can use diced pork ham, uncured, from which you removed skin and bone previously. This is a more consistent pork cut, so you probably need to simmer the stew a bit more compared with the pork shoulder version.
I don’t have other cooking tips to share with you referring to this recipe because it’s quite simple, as you can view int the video. Just follow the cooking steps described above and you’ll be able to make a perfect tomato pork stew.
By the way, it fits extraordinarily well with masked potatoes and boiled potatoes, but rice based side dishes like pilaf and risotto are great choices as well. Additionally, boiled pasta matches this pork dish excellently!
Enjoy the pork stew recipe with tomato gravy!
Read more about stew origins here!