Homemade apple cake recipes – how to make an upside-down apple cake with caramel and walnut. Upside-down cake recipe to bake a homemade cake with fresh apples, crunchy walnut, and whipped cream.
Learn in this video how to make an upside-down apple cake with by using a yummy and easy homemade cake recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 125 g / 4.5 oz of granulated sugar for the caramel
2) 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz of water
3) 400 g / 14 oz of peeled and thinly sliced apples
4) 100 g / 3.5 oz of crushed walnut core
1) 5 eggs, separated into yolks and egg-whites
2) 5 tbsp of granulated sugar for the cake
3) 5 tbsp of cake flour
4) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
5) 10 g / 0.35 oz of baking powder
6) a pinch of salt
1) place 125 g / 4.5 oz of sugar into a saucepan or open-fire proof baking mold, pour over the water and place the pan to the stovetop over very high temperature
2) wait to melt the sugar and move the pot just like in the video to avoid burning caramel
3) when the caramel is golden (NOT brown!), take the pot off from the stove and coat the pot’s edge with caramel just like in the video (work VERY careful because the caramel is extremely hot and could cause serious burns to your skin!)
4) wait 2-3 minutes to harden slightly the caramel layer
5) place apple slices into the pot in a spiral, circular or another shape on your choice
6) sprinkle some crushed walnut core all over
7) prepare a classic sponge cake dough with the remaining ingredients, then pour it into the pot in a uniform layer
8) place the pot or mold into the preheated oven at about 180 C / 360 F and wait to bake the cake
9) when the cake’s core is no more sticky and its top is golden, take it out from the oven, place immediately a large platter over the baking mold and flip it to take the cake out and avoid hardening the caramel
10) wait to cool the upside-down apple cake to room temperature, then slice it to the desired size
There is no doubt that apple cake belongs to the most popular cake recipes all over the world.
Upside-down apple cake is one of the most popular homemade apple cake recipes.
Flavored apples combine excellently with the refined caramel, while the crunchy walnut pieces make this cake a perfect dessert that will satisfy anyone!
Caramel cake might seem a bit tricky and hazardous to make because of the hot caramel preparation. For sure, if you don’t pay enough attention to the process, there could happen accidents and you might suffer serious burns.
However, there is no danger if you work slowly and very carefully, so you should plan to make this homemade apple cake as soon as possible!
Upside-down apple cake recipe with caramel and walnut can be served plain or with different toppings.
Some of the best toppings that fit this cake are whipped cream and chocolate cream. Vanilla ice cream is another excellent choice, but you can try other combinations as well.
Enjoy this delicious homemade cake with caramelized apples and walnut!
You can read more about different apple cakes here.