Learn in this video how to make an upside-down plum cake at home from scratch by using a yummy and easy homemade cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) break eggs and separate the yolks and whites, then place yolks into a bowl
2) add 250 g/9 oz of sugar to the bowl, then combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) gradually add sunflower oil while stirring by mixer
4) gradually add carbonated water while stirring by mixer
5) add vanilla extract, baking powder, and flour, then combine ingredients by hand
6) add a pinch of salt to egg whites and whip ingredients by mixer until hard
7) gradually add egg white to the first bowl while stirring gently by hand from bottom to top to incorporate air into the dough
8) place a sheet of baking paper into a large tray, then spread 10 tbsp of sugar into a layer
9) cut plums in halves lengthwise, then remove seeds
10) place over sugar a layer of plum halves with the cut face downwards
11) sprinkle over plums some cinnamon powder to taste, then sprinkle about 2 spoons of sugar if the plums are not sweet enough or ripe completely
12) pour the previously made dough over plums into the tray and spread it into a layer
13) place the tray into the preheated oven at 250 C/480 F for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 180 C/360 F and bake the plum cake until golden brown on top
14) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool the cake for about 15 minutes
15) overturn the tray to place the upside-down plum cake on a platter
16) remove the baking paper from the top and wait until the cake cools to room temperature
17) slice the cake up as desired when the caramel layer hardened enough
Plum cake is one of the most popular homemade cake recipes in many parts of the world. As a result, there are available many plum cake recipes.
A special category of homemade cakes is represented by upside-down cakes. If you don’t know what is an upside-down cake, just click the link at the bottom of the page to get informed better.
Upside-down cakes are especially appreciated when featuring fresh fruit. This is not surprising since the combination of fruit juice and caramelized sugar results in a very delicious layer on the top of the cake.
There are different fruits used to bake an upside-down cake, the most common being apple. However, I like this type of homemade fruit cake with other fruits as well and one of my preferred cakes is the plum upside-down cake.
Making this recipe is easy even if you could think the opposite at first glance. Overturning the tray is not so difficult as it seems, you just have to work carefully and slowly.
The best advice I can give you is to wait enough before slicing the cake up. If you’re not patient, the caramel layer from the top of the cake won’t be hard enough, and, possibly, the plums will fall off the sponge cake.
Enjoy the upside-down plum cake recipe!
Read more about the upside-down cake here.