Easy coconut cake recipe – how to make coconut rolls in 23 steps at home.
Old fashioned coconut cake to bake an easy homemade cake with simple ingredients like leavened dough and coconut cream of vanilla pudding.
View this video about how to make coconut cake by using the ultimate homemade coconut rolls recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY coconut rolls! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 300 ml/10 fl oz of cow milk + 500 ml/17 fl oz for cream
2) 1 tsp of salt
3) 1 tsp of granulated sugar + 100 g/3.5 oz for cream
4) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
5) 25 g/0.9 oz of fresh yeast
6) 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour + some more for worktop + 500 g/17.5 oz for dough
7) 2 eggs, separated
8) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
9) 50 g/1.8 oz of butter at room temperature, cubed
10) 40 g/1.4 oz of vanilla pudding powder
11) 100 g/3.5 oz of coconut flakes + some more for garnishing
12) 3 tbsp of honey
13) 3 tbsp of hot water
1) warm 300 ml/10 fl oz of milk up, add salt, 1 tsp of sugar, sunflower oil, and fresh yeast, then combine ingredients
2) add flour, then mix, cover the dish, and wait about 10 minutes
3) sift flour and place it into a bowl
4) break and separate eggs, then place yolks over the flour
5) add vanilla extract, then pour milk with activated yeast
6) add butter and combine ingredients well by hand until you get a smooth dough
7) place dough on a floured surface and knead it for 2-3 minutes just like in the video
8) cover the dough with foil and wait to leaven about 1 hour
9) place vanilla pudding into a saucepan, then add 100 g/3.5 oz of sugar
10) pour gradually 500 ml/17 fl oz of milk over pudding powder while stirring continuously
11) boil pudding as instructed on the package until you get a cream
12) cover pudding with foil and wait to cool at room temperature
13) place leavened dough on a floured surface, then stretch it into a sheet of about 2 cm/0.8 inches thickness
14) place coconut flakes over pudding when cold, then combine ingredients well
15) stretch coconut cream over dough in a uniform layer
16) roll filled dough as tight as possible
17) slice the roll up into pieces of about 2 finger width
18) place cake pieces on a tray with baking paper, leave some space between them for growing during baking
19) cover the tray and wait to leaven dough for about 15 minutes
20) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F for about 30-40 minutes or until the coconut cake roll turns golden brown
21) just before the cake is ready, combine honey with hot water and mix ingredients well up
22) take the tray out from the oven, brush the cake with honey, then sprinkle over it some coconut flakes
23) wait until the coconut cake cools to room temperature
By following step by step this coconut roll cake recipe you’ll be able to make a homemade coconut cake with fantastic flavors and textures!
The crunchy and fluffy dough combines with the creamy vanilla custard and coconut flavors, so you can imagine the unique savor that will delight your taste buds!
Even if there is necessary some time to make this homemade cake, the final result is worth the effort and your family and guests will be pleasantly surprised by the mesmerizing taste of this homemade coconut cake. Enjoy it!
Read more about different coconut cake types here.