Easy vanilla pastry cream recipe for homemade cakes and tarts. French pastry cream recipe to prepare creme patisserie with simple ingredients.
Learn in this baking video how to make a vanilla custard filling for cake from scratch using a yummy and easy pastry cream recipe in the French style!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY the vanilla custard filling for cakes! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) put egg yolks into a saucepan, then add granulated sugar and mix ingredients by hand
2) add flour and 50 ml/2 fl oz of milk, then mix again
3) add again 50 ml/2 fl oz of milk and continue to mix
4) into another pot, boil 1400 ml/47 fl oz of milk
5) put 1 ladle of milk from the pot in the saucepan when is hot and stir continuously for 1-2 minutes
6) add again a ladle of hot milk and stir
7) add remaining milk to the saucepan and combine ingredients
8) put the saucepan over medium temperature and wait to thicken the custard base, stir ingredients frequently to avoid burning
9) take the pan off the stove when the pastry cream is slightly viscous
10) add vanilla extract to cream and combine ingredients thoroughly
11) cut the butter into small pieces, then add it into the saucepan and mix ingredients
12) dissolve gelatin as instructed on the package, add a little custard and mix, then add it into the pan and combine ingredients until you get a smooth pastry cream
13) wait to cool the vanilla custard to room temperature, then use it to fill up different cakes such as cremeschnitte
Hundreds of cake recipes feature vanilla custard among ingredients. As a result, this custard type is a basic recipe that all people should learn in order to make delicious homemade desserts.
This pastry cream recipe for vanilla custard filling is based on a classic French custard recipe.
Even if making the vanilla pastry cream recipe seems pretty complicated, in fact, it’s quite simple and can be learned quickly by anyone.
Actually, for people with little experience, the recipe is very easy to make. Furthermore, it doesn’t require many or sophisticated ingredients. For this reason, is one of the best pastry cream recipes to prepare homemade cakes.
By using this vanilla custard recipe you’ll obtain great results because the gelatin hardens the cream, so the cake will be not just delicious, but it will also look great!
Plus, the cake you make will taste heavenly because of vanilla custard filling for cake prepared with vanilla extract. If you don’t have extract, you can use vanilla essence instead, I assure you that your cake will be delicious anyway!
This cream recipe includes gelatin, therefore, if you’re looking for a custard recipe without this ingredient just follow the link in the section below.
Enjoy the vanilla custard filling recipe!
You can read more about different custard types here.