📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Vanilla Custard Cake Filling Recipes: Vanilla Custard Filling with Pudding
My homemade custard with pudding is one of the most delicious vanilla custard filling recipes you’ve ever made at home!
➡️ Looking for vanilla pudding cake filling recipes in 2023? You don’t need to search further because on this webpage you’ll find out how to make a vanilla custard filling with pudding from scratch in 12 steps at home.
➡️ But what is a custard filling with pudding? A custard filling with pudding is a creamy and indulgent mixture used to fill pastries, cakes, or desserts. It combines the velvety texture of custard, which is typically made with eggs, milk, and sugar, with the smooth consistency of pudding. The result is a rich and flavorful filling that adds a luscious and delightful element to various baked goods. It can be flavored with vanilla, chocolate, fruit extracts, or other flavorings to create a variety of taste experiences.
➡️ My easy vanilla custard filling recipe enables you to prepare a cream filling with simple and tasty ingredients such as vanilla pudding, butter, and sugar.
➡️ Read on and learn below how to make a vanilla custard filling for cakes using a yummy and easy vanilla pudding cake filling recipe from scratch!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Vanilla Custard Filling for Cakes from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for a vanilla custard filling with pudding?
1) 120 g/4.25 oz of vanilla pudding (3 sachets)
2) 200 g/7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 1 l/35 fl oz of cow milk
4) 1 tsp of vanilla essence or vanilla extract
5) 200 g/7 oz of butter at room temperature
6) 100 g/3.5 oz of caster sugar
How to make a custard filling with pudding from scratch?
1) open sachets and place vanilla pudding into a saucepan
2) add sugar to the pan
3) pour some cow milk into the pan and mix the ingredients to dissolve the sugar, then pour the rest of the milk and stir the ingredients again
4) place the saucepan on the stovetop over medium temperature
5) add 1 tsp of vanilla essence, mix and boil ingredients according to instructions from the pudding package while stirring continuously until the pudding is thick
6) cover pudding with food foil and wait to cool to room temperature
7) meanwhile, place soft butter into a bowl
8) add caster sugar over butter gradually while combining ingredients by rubbing them with a wooden spoon or silicon tool
9) remove the foil from the vanilla pudding and stir it with a mixer for a couple of minutes until has a creamy consistency
10) add gradually sweetened butter to the pudding while combining ingredients with the mixer
11) vanilla custard filling for cakes is ready when the ingredients are smooth and the custard is very creamy
12) use custard filling to prepare homemade cakes that require such as filling
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Vanilla Custard Filling Recipe
➡️ I prepare a lot of homemade cake recipes and a significant part of them are creamy. Of course, vanilla custard filling is at the top of preferences in my family when it comes to cake filling.
➡️ Many of you heard about the classic French pastry cream that is used most often for traditional cakes. I also use this type of vanilla cream but making it is pretty time-consuming, so I figured out a way to make a good custard filling in a short time.
➡️ As a result, I make this vanilla pudding filling recipe with instant pudding powder bought from the store. The entire process is very simple and quick. In addition, there are necessary just a few ingredients and the custard is ready to use in a very short time.
➡️ As you can see in the video, there aren’t many tips to share regarding this custard filling. However, there are three very important things to get the best results. One is to wait until the pudding cools to room temperature. The second is to use soft butter to mix it better with sugar. Third, you need to combine the pudding thoroughly with butter in small amounts to help the ingredients to blend and get a smooth cream.
➡️ Despite its simplicity, this quick pudding custard filling is very tasty and has a fabulous creamy consistency. Therefore, I recommend you use the vanilla custard recipe with pudding any time you need a quick and delicious filling for a homemade vanilla cake.
➡️ There are many homemade cake recipes that can be made by using this vanilla custard recipe with pudding and an example is strawberry cake with vanilla custard.
➡️ Enjoy making a vanilla custard filling from scratch! For additional info, read more about vanilla custard recipes here.
Related Cake Filling Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by