Vanilla pudding cake filling recipes – how to make a vanilla custard filling with pudding from scratch in 12 steps at home.
Learn in this video how to make a vanilla custard filling for cake by using a yummy and easy vanilla pudding cake filling recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 120 g/4.25 oz of vanilla pudding (3 sachets)
2) 200 g/7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 1 l/35 fl oz of cow milk
4) 1 tsp of vanilla essence or vanilla extract
5) 200 g/7 oz of butter at room temperature
6) 100 g/3.5 oz of caster sugar
1) open sachets and place vanilla pudding into a saucepan
2) add sugar into the pan
3) pour some cow milk into the pan and mix ingredients to dissolve sugar, then pour the rest of the milk and stir ingredients again
4) place the saucepan on the stovetop over medium temperature
5) add 1 tsp of vanilla essence, mix and boil ingredients according to instructions from the pudding package while stirring continuously until pudding is thick
6) cover pudding with food foil and wait to cool to room temperature
7) meanwhile, place soft butter into a bowl
8) add caster sugar over butter gradually while combining ingredients by rubbing them with a wooden spoon or silicon tool
9) remove foil from vanilla pudding and stir it by mixer for a couple of minutes until has a creamy consistency
10) add gradually sweetened butter to the pudding while combining ingredients by mixer
11) vanilla custard filling for cakes is ready when ingredients are smooth and the custard is very creamy
12) use custard filling to prepare homemade cakes that require such as filling
I prepare a lot of homemade cake recipes and a significant part of them are creamy. Of course, vanilla custard filling is at the top of preferences in my family when it comes to a cake filling.
Many of you heard about the classic French pastry cream that is usually used to make traditional cakes. I also use this type of vanilla cream, but making it is pretty time consuming, so I figured out a way to make a good custard filling in short time.
As a result, I make this vanilla pudding cream filling recipe with pudding powder bought from the store. The entire process is very simple. Plus, there are necessary few ingredients and the custard is ready to use in a very short time.
As you can see in the video, there aren’t many tips to share regarding this custard filling. There are three very important things to retain to get the best results. One is to wait until the pudding cools to room temperature. The second is to use soft butter to mix it better with sugar. Third, combine thoroughly pudding with butter in small amounts to help ingredients to blend and get a smooth cream.
Despite its simplicity, this quick custard filling is very tasty and has a fabulous creamy consistency. Therefore, I recommend you to use the vanilla custard recipe with pudding any time you need a quick and delicious filling for a homemade vanilla cake.
Enjoy vanilla custard filling recipe with pudding!
Read more about vanilla custard recipes here.