Homemade chicken noodle soup recipes – how to make vegetable chicken noodle soup. Easy chicken soup recipe to cook a chicken broth with egg noodles, chicken breast, and boiled vegetables.
View this video about how to make homemade vegetable chicken noodle soup from scratch by using the very best vegetable chicken soup recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1.5 kg / 50 oz of chicken breast or a whole chicken
2) 1 yellow onion
3) 2 tbsp of coarse salt or to taste
4) 1 tbsp of black peppercorn or to taste
5) 2 tbsp of dehydrated vegetables (optional)
6) 1.5 kg / 50 oz of mixed root vegetables (carrot, parsnip root, parsley root, celery root)
7) 60 g / 2 oz of noodles/serving
8) chopped parsley leaves to taste (optional)
1) place chicken breast or whole chicken in a large pot (8-10 l / 270-340 fl oz)
2) remove outer sheets from onion, cut the ends, and add it to the pot
3) season the chicken soup with salt, peppercorn, and dehydrated vegetables to taste
4) peel root vegetables off, cut them into thicker sticks, then place it into the crock
5) fill the pot up with water, then place it to the stovetop over low temperature
6) boil the soup until both chicken and vegetables are soft, remove the foam forming on the surface with a tablespoon several times to cook a very clear vegetable chicken soup
7) take meat and vegetables out from the chicken broth
8) pass chicken broth through a sieve to remove all impurities and have a clear soup
9) place the pot with chicken broth (3-4 ladles/serving) over low temperature and wait to warm up
10) when the broth is hot, add noodles and wait to boil according to instructions from the package
11) in the meantime, remove skin and bone from the boiled chicken breast or whole chicken and cut meat into strips or medium-sized chunks
12) serve 2-3 ladles of soup with noodles into a deep plate, then add some boiled root vegetables and chicken breast strips
13) sprinkle over soup some chopped parsley leaves and grind some black pepper to taste (optional)
This chicken soup recipe is perfect especially during winter when the cold and humid weather inspires people to eat hot soup as to warm up!
Plus, the chicken noodle soup is very nourishing, so you don’t need to eat anything else along with it.
Another advantage of cooking a larger amount of food is that the chicken broth and boiled chicken and vegetables can be stored in the fridge for several days and warmed up when you want to eat again this soup.
The chicken broth can be stored also in the freezer and used to make soup or risotto.
Apart from noodles, the homemade chicken broth fits very well with semolina dumplings, so sometimes I cook chicken soup with dumplings.
The cooking method is the same, excepting the final part when you replace noodles with semolina dumplings.
As I already mentioned, you have to follow two key cooking tips to get a very clear chicken soup: remove the foam from the surface while forming and boil the soup over low temperature. Slow cooking of the soup prevents forming large amounts of foam, as well as of small meat and vegetable particles that make the soup dark.
Enjoy the vegetable chicken noodle soup!
You can read more about different chicken soup recipes here.