📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Hungarian Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes at Home
My chicken noodle soup is one of the most delicious Hungarian chicken soup recipes you ever cooked!
➡️ Looking for easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipes in 2023? On this webpage, you can learn how to make Hungarian vegetable chicken noodle soup from scratch in 13 steps at home. In the American kitchen, most chicken soups are not cooked in the European style, that is, based on the classic French recipe that leads to a transparent broth with a strong chicken taste.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Hungarian Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious homemade chicken noodle soup recipes, look no further than the “Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes” cookbook.
Authentic Hungarian Vegetable Chicken Noodle Soup
- 50 oz chicken breast with skin and bone or a whole chicken cut into pieces
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp coarse salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn or to taste
- 2 tbsp dehydrated vegetable seasoning (optional)
- 50 oz mixed root vegetables (carrot, parsnip root, parsley root, celery root)
- 2 oz noodles/serving
- chopped parsley leaves to taste (optional)
- place chicken breast or whole chicken parts in a large pot (8-10 l/270-340 fl oz)
- remove outer sheets from the onion, cut the ends, and add them to the pot
- season the chicken soup with salt, peppercorn, and dehydrated vegetables to taste
- peel root vegetables off, cut them into thicker sticks, then place them into the crock
- fill the pot up with water, then place it on the stovetop over a low temperature
- simmer the soup until both chicken and vegetables are soft, and remove the foam forming on the surface with a tablespoon several times to cook a very clear vegetable chicken soup (this takes usually 1- 1.5 hours)
- take chicken and vegetables out from the chicken broth (you can remove vegetables also earlier if they softened faster than chicken)
- pass chicken broth through a sieve to remove all impurities and have a clear soup
- place the pot with chicken broth (3-4 ladles/serving) over low temperature and wait to warm up
- when the broth is hot, add noodles and wait to boil according to instructions from the package
- in the meantime, remove skin and bone from the boiled chicken breast or whole chicken and cut meat into strips or medium-sized chunks
- serve 2-3 ladles of soup with noodles on a deep plate, then add some boiled root vegetables and chicken breast strips
- sprinkle over the soup some chopped parsley leaves and grind some black pepper to taste (optional)
- Use fresh ingredients: The flavor of the soup will greatly depend on the freshness of the vegetables and chicken used. Try to use the freshest ingredients you can find for the best results.
- Slowly simmer the soup: This soup requires a slow and steady simmer to allow all the flavors to develop properly. Don’t rush the cooking process by boiling the soup too quickly.
- Skim off any foam or fat: As the soup simmers, foam and fat may rise to the surface. Skim off any foam or fat that accumulates to keep the soup clear and flavorful.
- Add the noodles towards the end or boil separately: To prevent the noodles from becoming overcooked and mushy, add them towards the end of the cooking process, and allow them to simmer for only a few minutes until they are tender. Alternatively, you can boil them separately as I recommended.
- Use fresh herbs like parsley, dill, and thyme to add a burst of flavor to the soup. Chop the herbs finely and add them in the last few minutes of cooking, or sprinkle them on top of each serving for a pop of color and freshness. You can also experiment with different herb combinations to find your favorite flavor profile.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Hungarian Vegetable Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
➡️ Vegetable chicken noodle soup is definitely one of my favorite Hungarian chicken soup recipes. However, it is also one of the most famous soup recipes in the world.
Related Chicken Soup Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by