Learn in this video how to make vegetable rice pilaf from scratch by using a tasty and easy pilaf recipe with fresh vegetables!
SUPER YUMMY food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY the vegetable rice pilaf recipe! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of rice grains
2) 250 g/9 oz of onions, chopped
3) 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
4) salt and ground black pepper to taste
5) 2 green or yellow bell peppers, chopped
6) 1 red bell pepper, chopped
7) 1 hot chili pepper, chopped (optional)
8) 1 kg/35 oz of zucchini, peeled and cubed small
9) 750 g/25 oz of tomatoes, chopped
10) 500-750 ml/17-25 fl oz of water or chicken stock
11) a bit of thyme (optional) and a bundle of chopped parsley leaves
1) place rice into cold water and wait a couple of hours to soften (recommended)
2) peel onions off and chop them finely
3) pour oil into a pot, turn the heat to a medium level, and wait to become hot
4) place onions into the pot, season with some salt to taste, and wait until glassy (2-3 minutes)
5) add peppers into the pot and continue simmering ingredients
6) after about 2-3 minutes add cubed zucchini and continue cooking ingredients
7) after another 3 minutes add chopped tomatoes and some ground black pepper to taste
8) add the soaked rice into the pot and reduce the temperature to medium-low
9) add water or chicken stock, depending on how juicy are the vegetables and the food type that you want to cook (vegetarian or non-vegetarian)
10) boil ingredients until soft, mix them from time to time to avoid sticking to the pot bottom and burning
11) add some chopped thyme and parsley (recommended), then cover the pot with the lid and wait about 10-15 minutes (VERY IMPORTANT!)
12) serve the vegetable rice pilaf plain or as a side dish along with roasted meat
Pilaf is a type of rice dish that is very popular in some parts of the world including the Balkans and Eastern Europe. In many countries, pilaf ( vegetarian or featuring meat) is among the most popular food recipes.
The vegetable rice pilaf recipe shared on this page is typical to Balkan countries. There are, of course, regional variations, but don’t be surprised to eat a very similar recipe in Serbia, Montenegro, or Bosnia.
Regarding the liquid that you add to the pot, choose water if you want to cook vegetarian food or chicken stock for a more refined taste.
If you watched already the video, you know that cooking this vegetable food recipe is very easy and doesn’t require any advanced cooking skills.
As a result, there are not too many cooking tips to share with you regarding this food. Still, there are two important things that I want to underline in order to make the perfect vegetable rice pilaf.
One is to add vegetables gradually to the pot, not all at once how many of you would be tempted. This is because they have different softening times, so they need different cooking times. By following exactly my recipe all the veggies will be evenly soft, not some too soft and other hard.
The second important tip is to cover the lid and wait at least 15 minutes, even 30 if you can. I recommend this because the steam accumulated in the pot will make the rice very fluffy. Plus, the rice has time to soak the vegetable juice up, becoming very tasty.
Enjoy the vegetable rice pilaf recipe with fresh vegetables!
Those of you who don’t know exactly what is pilaf or which is the difference between pilaf and risotto are asked to read the information below.
Pilaf, pilau, palaw, pulao, or polao is a rice dish or, in some regions, a wheat dish, whose recipe usually involves cooking in stock or broth, adding spices, and other ingredients such as vegetables or meat,[note 1] and employing some technique for achieving cooked grains that do not adhere.[note 2][note 3]
At the time of the Abbasid Caliphate, such methods of cooking rice at first spread through a vast territory from India to Spain, and eventually to a wider world. The Spanish paella,[note 4] and the South Asian pilau or pulao,[note 5] and biryani,[note 6] evolved from such dishes.
Pilaf and similar dishes are common to Balkan, Caribbean, South Caucasian, Central Asian, East African, Eastern European, Latin American, Middle Eastern, and South Asian cuisines.Pilaf (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilaf)
Rice is one of the staple foods today in many parts of the world. It’s used for cooking lots of tasty and nourishing food recipes featuring both meat and vegetables. Besides its culinary value, rice offers many health benefits. Read below some of them.
1. Natural Anti-Inflammatory and Gluten-Free
Do you suffer from gluten sensitivities? Rice is not only scrumptious, but it’s gluten-free as well!
Did you know that the most popular gluten-free grain is rice? This is especially true for people who suffer from celiac disease. It works as a natural anti-inflammatory for our bodies, which is always a great benefit.
If you have any sensitivities to gluten, then rice can easily be added to your diet without worry. Because it is gluten-free, there won’t be inflammation in your gut. It is important to always look for ways to reduce inflammation throughout our bodies, and this is why rice is a great feature of any diet.
2. Improves Nervous System Health
Is your nervous system in need of some support? Rice is the perfect aid!
Our bodies’ nervous systems depend on the use of different B vitamins to run smoothly and function properly. Various types of B vitamins work to help produce neurotransmitters. The neurotransmitters work to help regulate the biological processes.
Rice is an amazing source of a variety of B vitamins. Because rice is so rich in B vitamins, eating it helps to improve the health of your nervous system.
3. Good Source of Energy
Feeling tired and run down? Grab a bowl of brown or white rice!
Our bodies rely on a good amount of carbohydrates to act as fuel. When carbohydrates enter our systems, our bodies work to transform those good carbohydrates into energy. But the healthy carbohydrates found in rice aren’t only good for turning into energy.
This also helps to ensure proper brain function, as the brain takes this source of energy and uses it as well. Other components found in rice such as all the minerals, vitamins, and much more all aid in increasing the metabolic activity for all of the body’s organs. In doing so, our bodies have increased energy levels.Is Rice Good for You? 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Eating Rice (https://www.cahokiarice.com/blogs/health/is-rice-good-for-you-10-amazing-health-benefits-of-eating-rice)
Similar to this vegetable rice pilaf recipe, on this website is available a mushroom and green pea pilaf recipe.
View how to make a vegetarian rice pilaf recipe!
View how to make a pork and vegetable rice pilaf recipe!
View how to make a chicken rice pilaf recipe!