Easy homemade cake recipe to bake Victoria sponge with ground walnut core and 8 eggs.
Learn in this video how to make walnut sponge cake at home by using a tasty and easy Victoria sponge recipe!
SUPER EASY homemade cake recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY baking sponge cake at home! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) break eggs and place them into a bowl
2) add sugar over eggs and whisk them by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) pour 8 spoons of cold water and mix ingredients again
4) add flour to the bowl and mix ingredients by hand
5) add walnut core and mix ingredients again by hand
6) add baking powder and combine ingredients thoroughly by hand
7) place egg whites into another bowl, add a little salt, then whisk ingredients by mixer until hard
8) add gradually egg white to the first bowl while combining ingredients slowly by hand
9) grease and flour a baking pan
10) pour the dough into the pan and shake it energetically several times to eliminate excess
11) place the pan into the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake ingredients until the walnut sponge is golden on top and its core is no more sticky
12) take the pan out from the oven and wait to cool Victoria sponge to room temperature
13) take the cake out from the pan and make a cake or torte on your wish
A simple Victoria sponge recipe is very easy to make. Basically, you have just to mix flour with eggs and sugar, bake ingredients for a short time, and Victoria sponge is ready to make an impressive cake of your choice!
The walnut sponge cake recipe I present on this page doesn’t make an exception. It’s a simple sponge recipe adapted for 8 eggs. It has a size that fits well my needs and the cake or torte that you can make with it is pretty large.
Generally speaking, a torte made with this walnut sponge cake recipe is large enough to serve about 20 people, even more, if you cut very thin slices.
Additionally, this sponge recipe can be used to make different layered cakes and slice cakes. These types of homemade cakes require most often a rectangular shape, so it’s better to use a basic baking tray instead of a round mold when you make sponge for such cake types.
Some of you know all things I wrote above, but what’s the secret to making a very fluffy sponge?
The answer is quite simple: patience and handwork. I saw many video tutorials showing you how to make Victoria sponge quickly only by the mixer.
However, I think this is possible for a SMALL cake, but if you do the same with a larger amount of ingredients your cake will be thick and sometimes even sticky inside, a sign that the cake didn’t grow correctly!
So, to make fluffy Victoria sponge cake you have to mix ingredients from the point I’ve mentioned above because you’ll incorporate air into the dough when you mix ingredients slowly with rotation movements from bottom to top. And the air is what makes the sponge fluffy!
Of course, baking powder and baking temperatures are other important things to make a fluffy sponge, but handwork is critical!
Enjoy walnut sponge cake recipe with 8 eggs!
Read more about sponge cake origins here!