Learn in this cooking video how to make white bean and sausage soup from scratch using a yummy and easy homemade soup recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY Hungarian food! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of dried white bean type such as navy bean or butter bean
2) some salt to taste
3) 1 kg/35 oz of root vegetables (600 g/21 oz of carrots + 400 g/14 oz of parsnip root)
4) 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
5) 300 g/10 oz of smoked sausage (I use Hungarian pork sausage with paprika)
6) 3-5 tbsp of apple vinegar or to taste
7) chopped parsley leaves to taste (I recommend a middle-sized bundle)
8) some pickled chili peppers to taste (optional)
1) put dried beans in cold water and wait to soften overnight
2) put beans in a pot, add a pinch of salt and bring water to a boil over medium heat
3) when beans have softened partly, remove boiling water to reduce flatulence effects
4) peel root vegetables off, cut them into sticks, and place them in the pot
5) fill the crock with warm water up and season ingredients with salt or red pepper paste (see how to make red pepper pasta for food seasoning)
6) pour a tablespoon of oil, then put the pot over medium-low temperature and boil ingredients slowly
7) meanwhile, cut smoked sausages into thicker slices
8) when vegetables have softened well, add smoked sausage rounds into the broth, sour the soup with apple vinegar to taste, and boil ingredients for about 10 minutes more over low temperature
9) chop parsley leaves, put them into the pot, cover the pot with a lid, and wait for about 5 minutes before serving
10) serve this delicious white bean soup with smoked sausage along with pickled hot chili peppers (optional)
In Hungary and many other countries in Eastern Europe, bean soup with smoked sausage or ham is one of the most appreciated and cooked soup recipes in wintertime.
Almost every one of us with Eastern European roots remembers nostalgically for the cold winter days of childhood when, after spending time outdoors, our mother or grandmother expected us with a steaming plate of bean broth, either with smoked sausage or ham. And how good it was!
I often cook this white bean and sausage soup recipe for the family and everyone is just waiting to enjoy it every time!
Sometimes, I prepare greaves cake on the same day, which I eat with soup instead of bread. You can’t even imagine how good this combination is, especially if the greaves cake is peppered well!
Since I like spicy food, I serve white bean soup with smoked sausage next to pickled chili peppers, which I prepare at home in the fall and keep them in the pantry. Of course, if you don’t like spicy taste, you can serve the soup without this ingredient. It will be just as tasty!
Prepare this white bean soup recipe is not difficult at all! Even those without too much experience in the kitchen can cook it without the worry of making mistakes, even for the first time.
In addition, this recipe doesn’t require any sophisticated ingredients, so you will save money from your budget!
Cooking time is also reduced, so you have no excuse not to try this wonderful Hungarian soup recipe as soon as possible. I assure you it’s absolutely delicious and will please everyone!
Enjoy the white bean soup recipe with smoked sausage!
Read more about different bean soup recipes here.