📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Baked Chicken Wings: Chicken Wings and Potatoes Recipe
My oven-baked chicken wings with potatoes recipe is one of the most delicious baked chicken wing recipes you’ve ever cooked at home. View the recipe and video below!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
Baked Chicken Wings and Potatoes
- 88 oz large chicken wings
- 88 oz potatoes
- 50 fl oz vegetable/chicken broth or water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or some rosemary sprigs to taste; you can replace it with thyme or sage
- 6 cloves garlic or to taste
- salt or salted red pepper paste to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- place the chicken wings into a bowl, add over the salted red pepper paste or salt, ground black pepper, and crushed garlic to taste, pour 1-2 spoons of olive oil, then rub the wings to coat well with seasonings.
- peel the potatoes and cut them into medium-sized cubes or wedges.
- season the potatoes with some salt and pour 1-2 spoons of olive oil over them, then mix the ingredients.
- place the potatoes on a tray into an even layer, then pour over them vegetable/chicken broth or water.
- place some rosemary sprigs over potatoes or sprinkle all over the dried version.
- put the chicken wings over potatoes with the joint upwards, just like in the video.
- put the tray in the oven at 220 C/430 F for about 30 minutes.
- remove the tray from the oven, flip the wings, then put back the tray in the oven and wait until the chicken wings are golden-brown with crispy skin and the potatoes are soft (about 20-30 minutes.)
- turn the oven off and leave the tray inside for 15-30 minutes before serving (recommended.)
Cooking Tips for the Best Results:
- Use the right kind of chicken wings: It’s important to use the right type of chicken wings for this dish. Look for wings that are not too small and have a good meat-to-bone ratio. This will ensure that they cook evenly and have a crispy skin.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet: When baking the chicken wings and potatoes, make sure to leave enough space between each piece. Overcrowding the baking sheet can cause the chicken wings to steam instead of roast, which can result in soggy skin.
- Flip the chicken wings halfway through cooking: To ensure that the chicken wings cook evenly and have crispy skin on all sides, flip them over halfway through cooking. This will help to brown the skin on both sides and ensure that the wings are fully cooked.
- Let the chicken wings rest before serving: Once the chicken wings are done cooking, let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in juicier and more flavorful wings.
- Season the potatoes separately: While it may be tempting to season the potatoes and chicken wings together, it’s best to season them separately. This allows you to control the seasoning on each component, ensuring that the flavors are well-balanced and not overpowering. Additionally, seasoning the potatoes separately can help them develop a crispy, caramelized exterior.
- Add more flavors: You can add more ingredients to the tray to enhance the flavors such as carrots or red onions.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
FAQ’s about Baked Chicken Wings with Potatoes
What are baked chicken wings and potatoes?
Baked chicken wings and potatoes is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that consists of chicken wings and potatoes baked in the oven.
What are the ingredients for baked chicken wings and potatoes?
The ingredients for baked chicken wings and potatoes include chicken wings, potatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice.
How long does it take to make baked chicken wings and potatoes?
It takes about 45 minutes to make baked chicken wings and potatoes from start to finish, depending on the recipe and amount of ingredients.
➡️ Enjoy cooking baked chicken wings with potatoes from scratch! Baked chicken wings and potatoes is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a party with friends, this dish is sure to be a hit. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be? If you need additional info, read more here and browse our cookbook collection.