Basic cooking tips about how to remove the skin from pork brisket – how to cut the skin from pork belly in 4 steps at home.
How to cut the skin off pork belly with a kitchen knife in a very simple and quick way!
Learn in this video about how to cut the skin from pork belly, brisket, or shoulder!
SUPER EASY cooking tips by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) a whole pork belly or pork brisket with the skin on
1) place pork belly or pork brisket on a large chopper
2) take a very sharp knife and start to cut from a corner to the middle along a side with the blade parallel to the chopper
3) while cutting, hold with your second hand the free part of the skin and pull it slightly, and, at the same time, press your palm to the meat chunk to avoid moving it
4) continue cutting the skin all around in the same way until you detach the skin completely from the meat
This video tutorial is aimed at people without advanced knife skills who want to cook skinless pork belly or pork brisket.
There are not too many cooking tips to share about how to cut the skin from pork belly or brisket.
One of the most important cooking tips to cut the skin from any part of the pork is to work just with a very sharp knife. So, you’ll work easier and faster. Plus, you’ll avoid hurting yourself badly in the case you cut your fingers.
Another important tip is to work with cold meat. Take out the meat from the fridge just when you start working. I recommend this because the cold meat is firm and you can cut off the skin easier than when the meat is flexible.
Also, work just on a large surface on a solid chopper. This will help you keep the meat fixed to the chopper and avoid sliding it.
Needless to say, I recommend you to work in the kitchen just when you have enough time and you’re not tired. So, you’re safe and you have fewer chances to injure yourself.
Enjoy the skinless pork belly or pork brisket!