View this cooking video about how to make dumplings for soup using the very best Hungarian dumplings recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY Hungarian food! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) break the eggs into a bowl, then beat them up by fork until smooth and season with some salt to taste
2) add sunflower oil, semolina, and a pinch of salt, then combine ingredients by hand until you get a very smooth dough
3) warm the broth to be hot, then reduce the temperature
place dough pieces of the size of about half a tablespoon in the broth
4) wait to rise the semolina dumplings to the soup surface, this is the sign they are soft
5) cover the pot with a lid and wait about 15 minutes before serving to get very fluffy dumplings (recommended)
Semolina dumplings are used in many soup recipes in many Central and East European countries.
This dumplings recipe is very easy to make, it does not require many ingredients, preparation time, or advanced cooking skills.
Even if the recipe is very easy to make, please be patient and wait until these Hungarian semolina dumplings rise to the soup surface.
This is the only way to get good results and, however, the process takes just a few minutes.
Another cooking tip to get very fluffy dumplings is to cover the pot with a lid after they rose to the surface and wait about 15 minutes before serving.
Yes, there are available other Hungarian soup dumpling types like wheat dumplings, liver dumplings, and flour dumplings.
You can read more about different dumpling types here.