Easy Greek kebabs recipe – how to make Greek marinated chicken skewers on the grill from scratch in 10 steps at home.
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2 kg/70 oz of chicken breast
2) 1 small red onion (20 g/0.7 oz)
3) salt and ground black pepper to taste
4) 1/2 tsp of rosemary leaves or dried rosemary
5) 1/2 tsp of tarragon leaves or dried tarragon (you can use thyme instead)
6) 1/2 tsp of citronella leaves or the juice from a lemon
7) 2 tbsp of olive oil
1) remove the bone and skin from the chicken breast, then dice it into medium-sized pieces
2) peel onion off, then chop it finely
3) place chicken breast into a bowl and add over it chopped onions
4) season food with salt and pepper to taste
5) finely chop aromatic herb leaves and squeeze juice from the lemon, then add them into the bowl
6) pour olive oil into the bowl, then combine ingredients very well
7) cover the bowl with foil and place it into the fridge for at least 1 hour to marinate the chicken breast (recommended)
8) take the bowl out from the fridge and remove the foil
9) place meat pieces on skewers side by side but leave some space on both ends of the skewers so you can pick them up by hand
10) fry chicken kebabs on the gas or coal grill or even in the oven
Grilled chicken is, probably, one of the oldest chicken recipes all over the world. Roasting meat pieces on skewers is a very natural way to cook meat, so it’s not surprising at all that this method appeared when the hominids began to prepare food on fire.
Even today, making skewers remained a pleasure for the modern man! I think there are very few people who don’t like fried meat directly on the charcoal.
Chicken skewers, chicken kebabs, or chicken kabobs, as they are named in some parts of the world, are at the top of preferences when it comes to this kind of food. As a result, there are available lots of marinade recipes for chicken.
For sure, each one of us has a preferred chicken kebab recipe. To be honest, I like any type of chicken skewer or kabob, generally speaking, but Greek kabobs have a special place in my top of preferences.
However, the recipe that I present in this video is very suitable for the torrid summer days. I consider this because chicken meat is easier to digest when is very warm, the kebabs are ready very quickly and everything can be done outdoors.
Chicken skewers can be served plain, maybe just along with a fresh vegetable salad. Of course, there are different side dishes that fit very well with fried chicken. Some of them are mashed potatoes, cold potato salad, fries, cold green bean salad, and others.
Enjoy the Greek marinated chicken skewers!
Yes, you can make marinated chicken skewers with chicken thighs after you remove the skin and bones and cube them into smaller pieces.
Read more about different chicken skewer types here.