SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking turkey soup at home! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2.5 kg/90 oz of turkey neck
2) 0.5 kg/20 oz of turkey gizzards (optional)
3) coarse salt și black peppercorn to taste
4) 2 tbsp of salted dehydrated root vegetables (optional)
5) 2-3 kg/70-100 oz of root vegetables (carrots, parsnip root, parsley root, celery root – I use about 60% carrots and 40% parsnip and celery or parsley and celery)
6) 1 large yellow onion
7) 500 g/17.5 oz of noodles or pasta
1) cut turkey neck into chunks and then put it together with gizzards in a high pot of about 10 l/350 fl oz
2) add salt and black peppercorn to taste to the pot, optional you can add 2 tablespoons of dehydrated root vegetables as well
3) peel root vegetables off, cut them into sticks of appropriate size if necessary, and put it in the pot
4) peel onion off and put it into the pot
5) fill the pot with water, then place the pot on the stovetop over medium-low temperature
6) wait until the soup begins to boil, then remove the foam that forms on the surface with a spoon, repeat the operation 1-2 times every 10 minutes
7) after the foam is no longer formed, reduce temperature to a minimum and boil the turkey soup until the meat and vegetables are soft (about 1-2 hours)
8) add lukewarm water to the pot as the soup boils so that vegetables and meat are permanently covered with broth
9) when the soup is ready, take the meat and vegetables out from the pot, detach the meat from bones, and cut gizzards into smaller pieces
10) pour turkey broth through a fine sieve to retain impurities
11) warm broth up and, when it starts bubbling, add a handful of noodles or soup pasta for each serving (about 50 g or 17.5 oz/serving)
12) boil the turkey soup until the noodles are soft, then cover the pot with a lid and wait about 15 minutes
13) when you serve the soup, put in the plate some boiled vegetables, 1-2 pieces of turkey neck and gizzard, then add 1-2 teaspoons of turkey broth with noodles
Turkey noodle soup recipe is one of the traditional soup recipes that are served at the Christmas table in many European countries and throughout the winter.
A vegetable turkey soup recipe can be prepared from various turkey parts. Maybe many of you may not like the recipe when you hear about a turkey soup made from the turkey neck and gizzards!
In fact, the meat on the turkey neck is very tender and the bones of the neck expel gelatin during boiling, so the resulting soup will be very tasty and consistent!
The vegetable turkey soup recipe presented on this page is of Hungarian origin and has been taken over in many other Eastern European countries.
The Hungarian turkey noodle soup recipe is prepared for the Christmas table, but it’s cooked all winter long, and especially when temperatures are very low and our body needs a warm and nourishing soup to recover after spending time outside.
Besides the fact that it’s delicious, this vegetable turkey soup recipe is also very convenient because the turkey neck is not expensive compared to other turkey parts. This is another reason why experienced housewives love this soup recipe and prepare it often!
Yes, you can replace the neck with a turkey carcass or with a turkey drumstick when you make a vegetable turkey soup recipe.
Enjoy Hungarian turkey noodle soup!
Read more about different turkey recipes here.