SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking fresh pork ham roast! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1.5 kg/53 oz of fresh pork ham steak with fat and skin
2) some garlic cloves to taste (I use 1 garlic head)
3) salt or salt red pepper paste to taste (1/2 tsp)
4) 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil for the marinade + 1-2 tbsp for roasting (optional)
5) some ground black pepper to taste (1/2 tsp)
6) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
7) 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
8) 200 ml/7 fl oz of water
1) place fresh pork ham on a tray
2) make the marinade – chop or crush the garlic, add salt, 1-2 tbsp of oil, ground pepper, cumin, thyme, then combine well ingredients
3) put marinade over ham, then rub well the meat on both sides
4) cover the ham and put it into the fridge for a couple of hours (recommended for better flavoring)
5) pour some water into the tray and a little oil over the meat (optional)
6) put the tray into the oven and fry the ham at about 180 C/360 F until it’s golden brown, flip it 1-2 times to roast evenly
7) turn the oven off and let the fresh ham roast to rest for about 30 minutes before serving (recommended)
Many people don’t consider cooking fresh pork ham steak when thinking about the most appetizing pork recipes. This is, probably, because they don’t know how to cook fresh pork ham to get a tender and tasty roast!
Fresh ham roast in the oven is very tender because of the low temperature used for cooking. Plus, it’s very flavored due to the used spices. Furthermore, the recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require advanced cooking skills.
Instead of water, you can use white wine when frying the ham in the oven for a more refined taste.
If the ham slice is thick, I recommend covering the tray with foil and fry the ham in this way for about an hour, then remove the foil and continue as described previously. So, the roast will be very tender and juicy.
There are some people asking me how to cook a whole fresh ham. Frankly, I don’t recommend cooking the ham in this way because the chunk is too thick, just like the bone. Plus the ham muscle fiber is pretty hard and, therefore, considering all these factors, the roast won’t be tender enough, at least in my opinion.
As a result, when I cook fresh pork ham roast, I cut the ham across to get a 2-3 finger width slice that is just perfect for roasting. If you can’t do this for any reason, I recommend removing the bone from the ham and then cut it at least in two halves lengthwise before cooking in the oven.
When it comes to drinks, a dry or half-dry white or a cold beer match at best this pork ham steak in the oven.
Enjoy the fresh pork roast in the oven!
Read more about different pork cuts here.