Easy stuffed roast duck recipes – how to make roasted stuffed duck with apple and walnut. Easy roasted duck recipe to cook a duck in the oven with simple and tasty ingredients such as fresh apples and walnuts.
Learn in this video how to make stuffed duck in the French style by using a yummy and easy duck roast recipe with apple and walnut stuffing.
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 800 g / 28 oz of Italian bread core
2) 300 ml / 10 fl oz of cold cow milk
3) 100 g / 3.5 oz of chopped walnut core
4) 1 kg / 35 oz of sweet apples
5) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil or butter
6) 2 kg / 70 oz of duck
7) salt and ground white pepper + black peppercorn to taste
8) 1 tsp of garlic powder or 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
9) 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped coarsely
10) 1 tsp of coriander powder
11) chopped green dill to taste
12) some rosemary to taste (optional)
1) take the core out from bread and place it into a bowl
2) pour cow milk over bread core and knead ingredients until smooth
3) coarsely chop the walnut core
4) peel apples off and remove stubs, then chop them coarsely
5) fry apples with a little oil or butter until they turn golden
6) rub the duck with salt both on the outside and inside
7) detach the skin from the breast so that neither the skin nor the flesh breaks
8) add garlic and coriander to the bread core bowl, then season stuffing with salt and pepper to taste
9) add chopped walnuts and fried apples to the bowl, then mix ingredients until blended well
10) add finely chopped dill to taste, then mix ingredients again
11) stuff the duck into the previously created skin pockets from the breast, then put rest of stuffing inside the duck
12) sprinkle a few coarsely chopped garlic cloves over the duck
13) put the duck on the tray, then pour about 500 ml / 17 fl oz of water into it
14) sprinkle some black peppercorn and rosemary springs in the tray (optional)
15) cover the tray with foil, then place it in the oven at 160 C / 320 F for 45 minutes
16) remove foil from the tray, put the tray back in the oven at 180 C / 360 F for about an hour or until the stuffed duck is brown
17) take the tray out from the oven, cover roast duck with foil and wait about 30 minutes before serving to harden the filling and rest the meat
18) slice the duck up as desired and serve it together with filling (recommended)
However, duck is often served in the autumn-winter period and is one of the most appreciated food recipes by the poultry lovers.
Usually, the whole duck is prepared in the form of a roast in the oven. A more refined version of duck roast is stuffed duck. There are different types of fillings that fit very well with duck and I prefer the one presented in this recipe.
Preparing roasted stuffed duck recipes in the oven does not pose particular problems for even the least experienced in the kitchen. The filling is easy, it’s made from simple ingredients and does not require much time.
Maybe some of you will find it easier to put all the stuffing inside the duck and not make the skin pockets on the duck breast.
My advice is to do the same as me and cook the stuffed duck in the oven as in this video. I offer this advice to those of you who do not know that the stuffing on the duck breast has the role to protect it and, in the end, to keep the meat tender and juicy!
Enjoy the roasted stuffed duck recipe with apple and walnuts!
Read more about duck as the food here!