Easy chicken recipe to cook schnitzel in the French style with chicken legs (chicken thigh and chicken drumstick) and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make schnitzel without breadcrumbs by using a yummy and easy homemade chicken schnitzel recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY the easy chicken schnitzel recipe without breadcrumbs! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) remove excess skin if necessary from chicken leg quarters and separate them into chicken things and chicken drumstick (view how to cut chicken leg into pieces); you can skip this step and use only thighs or drumsticks if you wish
2) season chicken with salt and ground white pepper to taste and rub the meat and skin to enter spices inside
3) cover the chicken legs with foil and put them into the fridge for about 1 hour (optional)
4) break eggs into a bowl and beat them up by fork, add a bit of salt (optional)
5) add flour to beaten eggs and stir until you get a creamy smooth batter, pour a little sparkling water into the batter to make the schnitzel coating very fluffy
6) put each chicken leg into the batter and coat it well
7) pour oil into a pan, place the pan on the stovetop over medium temperature and wait until the oil is hot
8) put the chicken in the pan and wait until the coating is golden on the bottom side, then flip it and wait to fry evenly
9) take this easy chicken schnitzel without breadcrumbs out from the pan, drain oil, and put it on absorbent paper to remove any excess oil and remain the schnitzel crunchy
The homemade chicken schnitzel without breadcrumbs is very juicy and tasty. Additionally, this easy chicken schnitzel recipe offers a fantastic texture combination between soft meat and crispy coating.
Chicken inside is very tender, while the coating outside is crunchy. As a result, there is not surprising that chicken schnitzel cooked in the French style becomes more and more popular all over the world!
However, when you fry homemade chicken schnitzel in oil, I recommend using an oil type with a neutral taste such as sunflower oil or palm oil.
Homemade chicken schnitzel can be served with many side dishes like fries, mashed potatoes, plain rice pilaf, German kohlrabi stew, braised green beans, sauteed green peas, gratin cauliflower, and many more.
Of course, homemade chicken schnitzel can be served plain or just with some dipping sauce such as hot chili pepper sauce, mushroom sauce, parsley sauce, cheese sauce, and so on.
No matter how you serve homemade chicken schnitzel, make sure it is hot or at least warm when you offer it to your guests. So, keep it in a warm place after you fry the schnitzel, but DON’T cover the dish in which you store it!
The secret to making schnitzel with a crispy coating is to not cover the dish in which you keep it after frying. If you cover it, steam will accumulate in the dish from the heat and will soak the coating.
Enjoy homemade chicken schnitzel without breadcrumbs!
If you want to cook the crumbed version view how to make chicken leg schnitzel with breadcrumbs.
You can read more about the easy chicken schnitzel recipe without breadcrumbs here.