Easy mayonnaise recipe to prepare mayonnaise sauce with simple and tasty ingredients such as yogurt or sour cream.
Learn in this video how to make yogurt mayonnaise sauce by using a yummy and easy homemade mayonnaise recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade mayonnaise sauce recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) boil 1 egg until yolk is hard, then wait to cool to room temperature
2) peel boiled egg off and separate the yolk and white
3) place the boiled egg yolk into a bowl
4) break remaining eggs and separate the yolks and whites
5) place raw egg yolks into the same bowl with the boiled yolk
6) crush boiled yolk with a fork into very small pieces
7) add mustard for more flavor (optional) and mix ingredients by hand to combine them very well
8) combine ingredients by mixer while pouring oil in small amounts into the bowl
9) the basic mayonnaise is ready when you added the entire oil amount and has a fine consistency
10) add yogurt or sour cream, then mix ingredients slowly by hand until mayonnaise sauce is smooth
Everyone knows that today mayonnaise is a basic ingredient for appetizers, salads, and salad appetizers. Even if many cheap mayonnaise brands are available in the store, I still like to make mayonnaise recipes at home.
I use homemade mayonnaise for two main reasons. The first is that mayonnaise made at home doesn’t include preservatives and, therefore, it’s healthier than any mayonnaise from the store.
The second is that you can flavor better the sauce when you prepare it at home. Usually, all commercial mayonnaise types have a neutral flavor. Obviously, you might change the taste, but by preparing mayonnaise sauce at home you can add aromas that you especially like.
Without discussion, I use ready-made mayonnaise when I don’t have enough time to make mayonnaise at home. This is OK so long you make this from time to time.
When it comes to the best oil to use for this mayonnaise sauce recipe, I recommend you to use sunflower oil because of its neutral flavor. Of course, when you want to make mayonnaise with olive oil for your salad, appetizer, or salad appetizer, just add olive oil instead of sunflower oil. As a precaution, use quality olive oil to avoid making homemade mayonnaise with bad taste!
If you want to make a mayonnaise sauce with sour cream instead of yogurt, you can simply add about 2-3 spoons of sour cream (12% fat) after the mayonnaise is ready, then combine ingredients slowly by hand until the sauce is very smooth.
If you don’t know what to do with this yogurt mayonnaise sauce, you have to know that you have a lot of options at hand! First, this sauce is perfect for almost any salad appetizer as well as for other appetizer types!
However, please be aware of the fact that homemade mayonnaise cannot be stored as long as the one including preservatives in composition. I recommend you to eat all foods made with yogurt mayonnaise sauce within 24-48 hours and keep them meanwhile in the fridge to avoid alteration!
Enjoy homemade mayonnaise recipe with yogurt or sour cream!
Read more about homemade mayonnaise recipe origins here.