Learn in this video how to make roasted pork in the oven from scratch by using a yummy and easy Boston butt recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking a Boston butt in the oven at home! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2-3 kg/70-100 oz of Boston butt (called also pork neck or pork collar)
2) garlic to taste (I use a whole garlic head)
3) some salt or salt red pepper paste for food seasoning, to taste
4) some ground black pepper to taste
5) fresh or powdered ginger to taste (optional)
6) cumin powder and thyme, fresh or powdered (optional)
7) about 300 ml/10 fl oz of water
8) 100 ml/3.5 fl oz of vegetable oil (optional)
1) place a Boston butt on a tray
2) peel garlic cloves off, take a sharp knife and make some cuts into the meat from place to place, then place a garlic clove in each cut
3) season the pork neck with salt or red salted pepper to taste, then rub the meat well to enter better the salt inside
4) season the pork neck with ground black pepper to taste
5) sprinkle over the meat some ginger to taste
6) add cumin and thyme to taste
7) pour water into the tray and some vegetable oil over the meat if it has little fat (optional)
8) cover the tray with foil and place it into the oven for 45-60 minute at 180 C/360 F
9) remove the foil, then place the tray back in the oven at 250 C/480 F until brown, flip meat several times to roast evenly
10) when the roasted pork is ready, stop the fire and leave the Boston butt pork roast in the oven for about 30 de minutes (recommended)
11) cut thin roast slices and serve them with the sauce from the tray on top
Boston butt, named also pork neck or pork collar, is one of my favorite pork cuts when I make roasted pork in the oven or on the coal grill.
Steak cooked with pork neck in the oven is very tender and juicy due to the slow cooking method with foil.
At the same time, the Boston butt roast has a crispy crust on the outside and is very fragrant due to the garlic stuffing and the used aromatic herbs.
Cooking this easy Boston butt pork roast recipe won’t pose any difficulty to you, even if you’re not a very experienced home cook. Basically, you have just to add some spices to the meat and then roast it slowly until is very tender.
Next to this easy Boston butt pork roast recipe, you can serve various side dishes, such as mashed potatoes, buttered potatoes, fries, boiled rice, and many more. Of course, you can serve another type of side dish of your choice.
This easy Boston butt recipe is a delight for any pork roast lover, but it’s even tastier if accompanied by a cold beer or a glass of wine. Any soft drink matches well this delicious and easy Boston butt recipe in the oven.
Enjoy cooking a Boston butt in the oven!
View how to make pork kabobs!
Read more about Boston butt here.