📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Stuffed Pork Shoulder Recipes at Home: Garlic-Stuffed Pork Butt
My garlic-stuffed pork butt recipe is possibly the most delicious stuffed pork shoulder recipe you’ve ever cooked at home!
➡️ Cooking roast pork butt in the oven is one of my most enjoyable occupations, so I do it quite often! And one of my favorite recipes for cooking Boston butt in the oven is the one I call “garlic-stuffed pork butt“. Watch the recipe to understand why!
➡️ The pork butt, Boston butt, pork neck, or pork shoulder, is well-known for its delicious flavor. You can buy it from butchers, but you can also buy fresh or frozen pork butt at the produce departments of many supermarkets. Pork butt can be cooked whole, especially roasted in the oven, or cut into slices as steaks in the oven, on the stove, or on the grill.
➡️ When cooking a roast pork butt in the oven, it’s important to trim off excess fat, which can be removed with a sharp knife. To save time, you could ask your butcher to do this for you. However, usually, Boston butt chunks are sold with the excess fat removed, so you don’t have to worry about that. Watch the cooking video below and learn more about the recipe for the garlic-stuffed pork butt in the oven! 👌
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Garlic-Stuffed Pork Butt in the Oven from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for the garlic-stuffed pork butt recipe? (10 servings)
1) 2.5 kg/90 oz of Boston pork butt
2) some salt and ground black pepper to taste
3) 15-20 cloves of garlic, peeled
4) a few thyme sprigs or 1 tbsp of dried thyme
5) 500 g/17 oz of tomatoes, chopped
6) 200 g/7 oz of green bell peppers, chopped
7) 100 g/3.5 oz of red onions, chopped
How to make garlic-stuffed pork butt from scratch in 11 steps?
step 1: rub the Boston butt with salt all over
step 2: make random small cuts in the meat and stuff them with garlic
step 3: grind over pork butt with black pepper to taste
step 4: place chopped veggies over the pork butt
step 5: toss in thyme sprigs or sprinkle dried thyme all over
step 6: pour about 0.5l/17 fl oz of water into the tray
step 7: seal the tray with aluminum foil and place it in the oven at 200C/390F for 1 hour
step 8: remove the foil, push veggies into the tray, and place the tray back in the oven at 240C/460F for 30 min or until the pork butt is golden brown
step 9: take the roasted Boston butt out of the oven and wait 15-30 min before slicing it up
step 10: slice the roasted pork butt up as desired
step 11: top the garlic-stuffed pork butt with baked veggies when serving it
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
10 PRO Tips For The Garlic-Stuffed Pork Butt Recipe
- to make cuts in the pork neck easily, I recommend that you keep the meat chunk in the refrigerator until you start cooking it, secondly, use a knife with a short, narrow, and very sharp blade
- the amount of garlic may seem scary, but don’t forget that it combines with about 2.5 kg/90 oz of meat, so in the end, the roast won’t have an excessive taste of garlic
- make deeper cuts in the thickest part of the pork neck and shallower in the thinnest and on the sides, in the deep cuts put two cloves of garlic
- use a quantity of water in which the Boston butt is dipped up to half the height
- you can replace water with dry white wine to get an even more delicious pork roast
- chop the vegetables more coarsely so that they do not dissolve too much when cooked
- remove the foil from the tray only when the pork neck is tender in the thickest part, check this with a fork or knife
- roast the garlic-stuffed pork neck until it has an intense reddish color
- after taking out the roast from the oven, I recommend waiting for it to cool a little before slicing so that the inner juice is absorbed into the meat and the slices do not crumble too much when cut
- serve the roasted pork butt slices with cooked vegetables placed on top
➡️ Cooking pork butt in the oven turns into a very tasty meal and stuffed pork shoulder with garlic or other ingredients does not make an exception!
➡️ Enjoy cooking garlic-stuffed pork butt in the oven from scratch! For additional info, read more on Boston butt!
Related Pork Butt Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by