Learn in this video how to make a ground pork and potatoes casserole from scratch by using a yummy and easy ground pork recipe for dinner with sliced potatoes!
SUPER YUMMY and easy ground pork recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY ground pork and potatoes casserole! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) place potatoes into a high pot, fill it up with water and boil them until they are just slightly soft
2) take potatoes out from the water, wait to cool, and peel them off
3) peel onions off and chop them finely
4) place onions and ground pork into a frying skillet
5) season ingredients with salt to taste and add some oil
6) fry ingredients over medium temperature until golden brown
7) meanwhile, cut potatoes into rounds of about half a finger thickness
8) brush a tray with little oil and place a layer of potato rounds (about half of potatoes)
9) sprinkle over potatoes from the tray some salt and dried rosemary to taste
10) add fried mincemeat and onions into the tray and spread it into a layer
11) grind some black pepper over the meat layer and add some salt if necessary
12) place remaining potato rounds into a layer over minced meat and press gently over them with your palm to compress a bit the ingredients
13) break eggs and separate the yolks and whites
14) place whites into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and whisk them by mixer until hard
15) add egg yolks to the bowl one by one while stirring gently
16) add sour cream gradually to the bowl while stirring gently, season ingredients with some salt and ground black pepper to taste
17) pour the sour cream sauce over ingredients from the tray, spread it into an even layer, and shake the tray pretty energetically to eliminate air bubbles
18) place the tray in the preheated oven at 190 C/375 F and bake casserole until golden on top (20-25 minutes)
19) take pork and potato casserole out from the tray and wait 15-30 minutes before serving food to harden the sour cream sauce inside
Minced meat is often used to cook various pork recipes. There are thousands of recipes all over the world with ground meat and many of them use ground pork cooked as a casserole.
The ground pork recipe for dinner presented on this page is based on a Greek moussaka recipe prepared with potatoes instead of eggplant. Many of you already heard about and, probably, tasted eggplant Greek moussaka at least once in life, so you can figure out how will look and taste ground pork and potatoes casserole.
However, potato moussaka is less typical for Greece and rather is very popular across the Balkans and especially in countries such as Serbia, Bosnia, and Romania.
Cooking pork and potato casserole is very easy and you don’t need many ingredients, nor advanced cooking skills to get excellent results.
Preparation and cooking time is short, so by using this very delicious and easy potato bake recipe you have the chance to make quickly excellent food with few efforts!
Regarding the sour cream sauce that I use in the recipe, this is not typical for Greece at all, nor for other Balkan cuisines. It’s actually a kind of gratin sauce used in French cuisine that I often add to food recipes that I cook in the oven.
If you don’t want to use the sauce I recommend, you can simply add over the last potato layer just the sour cream that you previously mixed with 2 spoons of flour, just like the traditional Greek way to cover an eggplant moussaka. So, you don’t even need eggs.
Enjoy ground pork and potatoes casserole based on the super yummy and easy ground pork recipe for dinner!
Read more about casserole origins here.