Easy pasta recipe to cook pasta and potatoes with fried leek and more tasty ingredients in Hungarian style (Grenadiermarsch).
Learn in this video how to make Hungarian potato pasta with fried onion or leek from scratch by using the simplest pasta and potatoes recipe called Grenadiermarsch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking Hungarian food! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 800 g/28 oz of potatoes (I recommend a floury potato type)
2) 300 g/10 oz of onion or leek
3) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
4) salt and ground black pepper to taste
5) 400-500 g/14-18 oz of tagliatelle pasta or another type of wide pasta (I recommend using hard wheat pasta)
6) paprika or grated cheese for serving (optional)
1) boil whole potatoes in salted water, then take them out from the water and wait to cool
2) chop the onion and fry it in a pan with a little oil until becomes glassy, season it meanwhile with salt to taste
3) in the meantime, peel potatoes and crush them coarsely with a fork
4) boil pasta in salted water according to the instructions on the package, then drain the water off
5) add potatoes to the pan and fry ingredients for 2-3 minutes by stirring continuously
6) after you have drained water from pasta, put the pot back to the stove over high temperature and add the onion and potato mixture
7) fry ingredients for about 2-4 minutes or until all the oil is absorbed into the pasta, mix continuously ingredients to avoid burning food
8) right before serving, sprinkle over potato pasta a little paprika or grated cheese and ground black pepper (recommended)
For sure, many people would include pasta among their most popular food recipes.
One of the oldest homemade pasta recipes is potato pasta with fried onions, which is called Grenadiermarsch in some parts of Europe such as Hungary.
However, this potato pasta recipe is very popular in Germany and throughout the former Habsburg Empire and especially Hungary. In addition, there is a similar recipe in Italy.
Traditionally, the potato pasta recipe is served with a little sweet paprika sprinkled on top. In addition, I like the food version topped with grated cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Whatever the version of serving you choose, the potato pasta recipe with fried onions is very tasty.
Plus, it’s very easy to make, requires short preparation time and few ingredients. Therefore, I recommend it when you want to cook a fast and nourishing pasta recipe!
Enjoy Hungarian potato pasta recipe!
You can read more about various pasta dishes here.