Learn in this video how to make apple puff pastry turnovers from scratch by using a yummy and easy apple turnover recipe with apricot jam!
SUPER YUMMY old fashioned apple turnover recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY homemade cakes! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 250 g/9 oz of sweet apples
2) fresh juice from half a lemon
3) 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
4) 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder (optional)
5) 2 tbsp of honey
6) 800 g/28 oz of puff pastry from the store (2 sheets x 400 g/14 oz)
7) 1 egg, separated into yolk and white
8) 50 g/2 oz of apricot jam
9) caster sugar for garnishing (recommended)
1) peel apples off, remove stub from them, then cut it into small cubes
2) put cubed apples into a bowl, then add lemon juice, spices, and honey
3) mix ingredients well and wait about 5 minutes for the aromas to enter into apple
4) meanwhile, cut out circular shapes of dough with a diameter of about 10-12 cm/4-5 inches
5) notch each piece of dough like in the video
6) on each piece of dough, brush an egg white stripe on the edge with about 1-2 cm/0.4-0.8 inches wideness
7) put a teaspoon of apricot jam on each piece of dough on the side without notches
8) put 2 teaspoons of apple cubes over jam, then bend the notched part of the dough over the filling
9) press dough on the edge with a fork to join the sheets and do not leak the filling during baking
10) put the filled dough pieces on a tray coated with baking paper
11) brush pastry turnovers on top with egg yolk, then place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake this delicious apple strudel until golden
12) take the tray out from the oven and wait for the cake to cool to room temperature
13) sprinkle some caster sugar over jam and apple puff pastry turnovers before serving (recommended)
There are probably thousands of apple cake recipes, prepared in different ways, and featuring a wide variety of ingredients.
In the last years, cake recipes featuring frozen puff pastry dough from the store are becoming more popular because they are very easy to prepare, do not require much time, and are also very cheap.
Many puff pastry cake recipes are made with jam. This is not surprising because the pastry cake with sweetness is absolutely delicious!
On this page, I present a puff pastry cake recipe that contains two of my favorite ingredients, namely apricot jam and apple. It’s somehow similar to the old fashioned apple strudel, but it’s even easier to make! And this apple turnover recipe tastes better, I assure you!
There are not many tips to share regarding this apple turnover recipe filled with jam and fresh apple. It’s very easy to make, you don’t need sophisticated ingredients (cardamom is not mandatory to use but, if you have this spice, I advise you to use it because it fits very well with the apple!) and the cooking time is very short – only about 20-25 minutes!
The dessert that you can make using this jam and apple turnovers recipe is very tasty and will please the whole family! Plus, it will cost you very little!
Of course, if you like another type of sweetness to make jam and apple turnovers, you can use any other fruit jam you want!
By the way, another very tasty version of the jam and apple turnovers recipe is with quince marmalade – I’m 100% sure that you’ll appreciate this variety too!
If you have neither apricot jam nor quince marmalade, use some blueberry sweetness – this cake will be at least so irresistible as the apple turnover recipe with apricot jam!
Enjoy old fashioned jam and apple turnovers with modern spirit!
After you make the apple turnover recipe, view how to make jam puff pastry turnovers!
Read more about puff pastry dough here.