8 PRO Tips For The Oven-Baked Ham Steak Recipe
- The ideal thickness for this recipe of oven-baked ham steak is about 5 cm/2 inches, if it is thicker it is possible that the ham will remain hard inside, while if it is thinner the steak may dry too much.
- While the ham is cooking under the foil, make sure there is enough wine or water in the tray, if necessary add a little more.
- The use of wine is not mandatory, however, I recommend you include it in the recipe because it offers an extra flavor that makes the difference between a dish worthy of any gourmet and a basic meal.
- If you have time, I recommend marinating the fresh ham and leaving it in the fridge until the next day.
- I advise you not to remove the layer of fat from the edge, it gives an extra flavor and protects the meat from excessive drying. In addition, the taste of roasted pork fat is truly divine!
- For a spicy taste of the pork roast, use a bit of hot chili powder when preparing the marinade.
- It is very important not to rush when the pork ham steak is ready to let the meat soak up the juices and cool a little, this will allow you to cut whole slices without breaking the meat into pieces.
- I recommend serving the oven-baked pork ham steak with a sauce because the ham meat is quite dry, some of my favorites for this recipe include cranberry sauce, dried plum sauce, or garlic sauce. Of course, a hot salsa sauce is also perfect if you like spicy food!
Drinking wine at home!
What goes better with a delicious meal than quality wine? Nothing, both from my point of view and from the ancient Greeks, who said about wine that it’s the nectar of the gods! Can we contradict them?
➡️ Fresh ham steak recipes are very popular in the cold season and this is rightfully so – all gourmets want to taste a juicy piece of tender pork ham! I’m sharing a recipe that allows you to cook ham steaks in a simple way but with extremely delicious results! Enjoy cooking oven-baked ham steak from scratch!