📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Black Cherry Tart Recipe
Classic black cherry tart is one of the most delicious homemade French cherry tart recipes you’ve ever made!
➡️ A cherry tart is a dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with a tart shell and is filled with sweet cherries or sour cherries. The first way to make a cherry tart is to fill the shell with pastry cream and add fresh cherries, brushed with a clear glaze called nappage. The second method to make cherry tart is to spread frangipane (almond filling) onto the tart shell, add cherries, and bake it.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Black Cherry Tart from Scratch
Healthy Desserts Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious and healthy dessert recipes, look no further than the “Healthy Desserts: A Low-Calorie Desserts Cookbook” cookbook.
Classic Black Cherry Tart Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 piece egg yolk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen black cherries, pitted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 piece egg white, beaten
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the flour, butter, sugar, egg yolk, and salt until the mixture is crumbly. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cherries, sugar, and cornstarch. Spread the cherry mixture evenly over the crust. Dot the top with butter.
- Bake the tart for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Brush the top of the tart with the beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Return the tart to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool completely in the pan. Serve the tart at room temperature or chilled, with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
- Use fresh or frozen black cherries that are ripe and sweet. If using frozen cherries, make sure to thaw them completely before using them in the recipe.
- To easily pit the cherries, use a cherry pitter or a small sharp knife to cut around the stem and remove the pit.
- If you prefer a sweeter tart, you can increase the amount of sugar in the filling to your taste.
- To give the crust a nice, golden color, brush it with the beaten egg white and sprinkle it with sugar before baking it.
- To prevent the tart from getting soggy, make sure to bake the crust fully before adding the cherry filling.
- To store the tart, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or foil and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The tart can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Serve the tart at room temperature or chilled, with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Making Homemade Black Cherry Tart at Home is a Breeze!
➡️ Cherry tart is sometimes referred to as a cherry pie but has no pie-like crust, and differs from a pie in two ways. Firstly, cherries are not used to fill a pie shell but are instead placed on top, and secondly, there is no double crust, so the top and the bottom of the tart are not sealed, but have a border of pastry cream, which is typically sweet, but not overly so. However, the definition between tart and pie is very shallow and they overlap many times.
FAQs about Black Cherry Tart
What is Black Cherry Tart?
Black Cherry Tart is a tart made with a pastry crust filled with black cherries and a sweet and tart glaze. It is a delicious and refreshing dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
What are the ingredients for Black Cherry Tart?
The ingredients for Black Cherry Tart can vary depending on the recipe, but some common ingredients include pastry dough, black cherries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and egg wash.
What are some tips for making Black Cherry Tart?
Here are a few tips for making Black Cherry Tart:
– Use a good quality pastry dough.
– Make sure the cherries are pitted.
– Don’t overbake the tart.
– Serve the tart at room temperature.
What are some variations of Black Cherry Tart?
There are many variations of Black Cherry Tart. Here are a few ideas:
– Add a layer of chocolate ganache to the tart.
– Top the tart with whipped cream or ice cream.
– Add a sprinkling of nuts to the tart.
– Use a different type of fruit, such as blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
How do I store Black Cherry Tart?
Black Cherry Tart can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To serve, let the tart come to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Related Homemade Cherry Tart Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by