Easy oven-baked chicken recipe to cook German schnitzel with breadcrumbs and boneless chicken breast.
Learn in this video how to make healthy chicken schnitzel in the oven with a German schnitzel recipe of boneless chicken breast!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY oven-baked schnitzel! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1.5 kg/52 oz of chicken breast fillet (view how to fillet chicken breast)
2) 250 ml / 8.5 fl oz of buttermilk
3) salt and ground white pepper to taste
4) 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1-2 grated garlic cloves
5) 1/2 tsp of Provence spice mix (optional)
6) 1/2 tsp of hot chili pepper powder (optional)
7) 2-3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
8) 2-3 tbsp of breadcrumbs
9) some olive oil or sunflower oil
1) remove skin and bone from chicken breast, then cut the chicken breast to get fillets
2) place buttermilk into a flat dish, then season it with salt and pepper to taste
3) add garlic powder and Provence spice mix to taste into the dish, then combine ingredients (you can also add hot chili pepper powder if you like spicy food)
4) coat chicken breast fillets with flour
5) pass each chicken fillet through spiced buttermilk
6) pass each chicken breast fillet through breadcrumbs
7) put the chicken schnitzel on a tray coated with baking paper
8) sprinkle chicken schnitzel with some olive oil
9) put the tray in the oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the schnitzel until coating from chicken breast fillets becomes golden
10) flip schnitzels, sprinkle again some olive oil, and bake them until the chicken schnitzel is golden evenly
Chicken schnitzel can be prepared with chicken breast, chicken legs, and chicken wings.
This oven-baked chicken schnitzel recipe is very tasty because of the rich flavors offered by the used spices.
Compared to classic schnitzel cooking, this recipe uses very few oils, so one could say that baked schnitzel is healthier. However, in my opinion, the idea that classic schnitzel has a lot of oil is rather a myth if prepared CORRECTLY. What do I mean?
Maybe you have seen and even ate schnitzel floating in oil, but this is because it wasn’t cooked well, respectively the frying temperature was incorrect and/or the oil wasn’t drained well at the moment when the schnitzel was taken out from the pan.
Needless to say, when you’re cooking baked schnitzel, you don’t have to deal with suchs things.
I recommend you serve baked chicken breast schnitzel while it’s still warm. You can prepare almost any side dish to match chicken schnitzel with breadcrumbs.
A fresh vegetable salad is also highly recommended when eating schnitzel.
Yes, you can proceed in the same way, but I recommend to separate the chicken leg quarters into the chicken thigh and chicken drumstick for better baking.
Read more about the schnitzel origins here.