Homemade chicken schnitzel recipes with breadcrumbs – healthy baked chicken schnitzel in the oven. Easy baked chicken recipe to cook German schnitzel with breadcrumbs and boneless chicken breast.
Learn in this video how to make healthy chicken schnitzel in the oven with a German schnitzel recipe of boneless chicken breast!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1.5 kg / 52 oz of chicken breast fillet (view how to fillet chicken breast)
2) 250 ml / 8.5 fl oz of buttermilk
3) salt and ground white pepper to taste
4) 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1-2 grated garlic cloves
5) 1/2 tsp of Provence spice mix (optional)
6) 1/2 tsp of hot chili pepper powder (optional)
7) 2-3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
8) 2-3 tbsp of breadcrumbs
9) some olive oil or sunflower oil
1) remove skin and bone from chicken breast, then cut the chicken breast to get fillets
2) place buttermilk into a flat dish, then season it with salt and pepper to taste
3) add garlic powder and Provence spice mix to taste into the dish, then combine ingredients (you can also add hot chili pepper powder if you like spicy food)
4) coat chicken breast fillets with flour
5) pass each chicken fillet through spiced buttermilk
6) pass each chicken breast fillet through breadcrumbs
7) put the chicken schnitzel on a tray with baking paper
8) sprinkle chicken schnitzel with some olive oil
9) put the tray in the oven at 180 C / 360 F and bake the schnitzel until coating from chicken breast fillets becomes golden
10) flip schnitzels, sprinkle again some olive oil and bake them until the chicken schnitzel is golden evenly
Schnitzel is one of the juiciest food recipes featuring meat. It’s prepared with various flesh types such as veal, pork, and chicken.
Chicken schnitzel can be prepared with chicken breast, chicken legs, and chicken wings.
Usually, schnitzel is fried in abundant vegetable oil or butter. Some people don’t like eating too much oil or butter, so baked schnitzel is the best choice for them.
This baked chicken schnitzel recipe is very tasty because of the rich flavors offered by the used spices.
Compared to classic schnitzel, this recipe uses very few oils, so one could say that baked schnitzel is healthier…
A fresh vegetable salad is also highly recommended when eating schnitzel.
Chicken schnitzel goes well with white wine, but a cold beer is a good choice as well.
Read more about the schnitzel origins here.